Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit is not tracking exercises automatically.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am using the most current version of the Fitbit app on an iPhone 6s with the charge 2. It will not auto detect exercise but will show active minutes. When I manually enter exercise, it throws my steps off. ?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject / Format

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Since when are you experiencing this issue? Have you tried restarting your tracker lately? Sometimes, auto-recognized activities take a bit longer to shown on your exercise list, I would like to suggest waiting from 20 minutes to an hour for these activities to show up in the app. 

Additionally, please check your online Dashboard and verify that your activities get recorded there, if they appear here but not on the app, try to force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app. If this doesn't do the trick, please log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I am having this same issue.  The exercise is not tracking on my online dashboard either, but active minutes are.  I am working out almost daily so this is really impacting the accuracy of the data.  I started having this issue around March 18th and it has continued since.

I have restarted my tracker, updated my tracker and phone app.  This has not resolved the problem so far.

Best Answer

I have done everything suggested but still doesn't work. 

Best Answer