Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Inspire 2...how can I track it on my new MacBook Pro laptop?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a FitBit Inspire 2 and just learned that I cannot synch/track it with my fairly new Kindle Fire tablet. Nor can I use my Samsung android phone because it is too old. Which leave my new MacBook Pro laptop. But I cannot fund the FitBit app in the App Store. Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @NinaJean  get that Inspire 2 out of the trash because there is hope you can use your Kindle with the Fitbit app! I didn't know this myself until the other day. Evidently there is a way to side load Google Play Store on your Kindle and from there you can get the app. So get your Kindle and see if you can do that. Let us know how things go for you. It just might help the next Kindle user.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

🥺 Gosh @NinaJean I hate to be the messenger of bad news. 

You are correct that the Inspire 2 isn't compatible with the Kindle Fire. Inspire 2 is only compatible with IOS  and Android phones and tablets, not Windows tablets or personal computers. 

Unfortunately your Inspire 2 isn't compatible with Fitbit Connect App either which is needed to connect to the Mac Book Pro. 

Here is where you can check for compatibility: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices

I’m really sorry and I wish I had better news but I do hope my post does indeed answer your question. 

Best Answer

Thanks so much. That is SO disappointing. Enough so that I might just walk away from FitBit entirely. It just seems so...dumb, frankly, that the Inspire isn't compatible with such widely used devices (Fire tablet, Macbook). I do thank you for the clarity. I can now stop trying to get this thing to work. In the trash it goes! What a waste.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @NinaJean  get that Inspire 2 out of the trash because there is hope you can use your Kindle with the Fitbit app! I didn't know this myself until the other day. Evidently there is a way to side load Google Play Store on your Kindle and from there you can get the app. So get your Kindle and see if you can do that. Let us know how things go for you. It just might help the next Kindle user.

Best Answer

Thanks. How do I side load Google Play Store onto my Fire tablet? I'm not a techie by any stretch! But if there is hope, I am about to go "dumpster diving" to retrieve the Inspire 2. 🙂

Best Answer

@NinaJean I have no idea how it's actually done. It would make sense to go to the Google Play Store on a browser and download it that way. I do hope it's possible for you. With my aging android phone, it might be something for me to consider in the future.

Best Answer

Thanks for clarifying that @Odyssey13!!😃 I had no idea about this side load Google thing either. I have no idea how it’s done either but that might be awesome news for you @NinaJean 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I did google how to side load Google Play Store onto my Fire tablet, but to be honest, the site I went to led me to links that were super confusing....very hard to discern the content I was looking for from the ads on what was a very busy webpage. Ugh! My Samsung phone is well over 5 years old. I get my service through Tracfone. I think it might be time for an upgrade to a phone that is faster, smarter, and compatible with the Inspire 2.

Best Answer

Hello again @NinaJean 

I dug around the internet and found this YouTube video on how to install the Google Play Store on your Kindle Fire which I turn should allow you to then get the Fitbit App. Maybe that is called side loading google play store. 

The video can be viewed here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDl6SKqBB70

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much!!

Best Answer

I work better with visual videos as well @NinaJean 😉 I’m not a fan of just reading along….like you some of these websites get confusing. Please come back and let us know how it goes. 

Like @Odyssey13 said this can help other Kindle users as well…so I’m crossing my fingers for you that it’s successful 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will do. The one thing I came across when I started the process via the site that was SO confusing is that early on I was warned about downloading apps and such that weren't "authorized" and that could damage my tablet and void my warranty. So there is that.....😉

Best Answer