Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sleep data - feedback

Why does the app get worse instead of better? I can barely read the data on my sleep stages. The new color scheme against the white background is horrible. Why did you mess with it?

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Couldn’t agree more! The whole new layout the last few months has been less user friend and harder to read, and now the sleep section is too! Not a fan at all!

Best Answer

I agree with you assessment, Desert Moon!  Changes detract from readability. 

Best Answer

Agreed. Layout of sleep information now is borderline useless. Please return to previous edition. 

Best Answer

Agree with complaints-
Besides changing ‘sleep score’ format and color scheme to the ‘new’ bland (nearly monochromatic) khaki, lavender & teal, there is also less data available now. It’s very disappointing when ostensible ’improvements’ are actually detrimental to quality. 

Best Answer

Yes I agree! I woke today to a redisigned app format & tried to check my sleep (plus breakdown of deep, rem, etc) but it’s changed to the most non user friendly format. You can’t slide easily over sleep stages to compare to the benchmark. It’s completely clunky and far from the slick version of yesterday. Why do such an awful update? 

Best Answer

Hard agree PUT IT BACK to the dark design. Stop letting bored UI designed monkey with stuff we use to understand things. It’s garbage now.

Best Answer

Agree, and again another format that’s confusing and dumb. Quit messing with formats. Next time, give the users a chance to pick the one they want.

Best Answer

It is time to ditch my Fitbit after three devices over 5 years.  Goodbye!  Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be transferred to another department.

Best Answer

I agree with everything said here about the new way that Sleep data is done. Two days ago my Charge 5 still had the regular sleep data charts, I didn't use it one night, and today when I needed it to bring to sleep medicine the charts are entirely different. There are no longer any hour marks. I know this isn't a medical device but I use it for comparison from day to day. The new chart without a benchmark to what is average and without any hour marks is useless to me. The updates since have been making this worse, rather than better

Best Answer

in combination with putting writing OVER the graph. I can imagine the in-cubicle conversion that led to these terrible conversations. After the big interface overhaul I made up my mind to move to a different product after my current Fitbit charge 5 or whatever it is dies. I guess I'm lucky I've "only" been using Fitbit since early 2018 and on my 3rd generation of device, I think about people on this system for far longer. Hope the data migration isn't too painful.

Best Answer

Exactly this. I had the old version earlier today, then when I went to check it again, this awful new one. It's harder to understand, and I only bought a Fitbit for the sleep tracking and heart rate monitoring. Please allow us to decide between layouts if you're set on keeping this.

Best Answer

AWFUL!!!!!!!! Please roll back

Best Answer

Absolutely, it is awful. I wondered if it was just me. I hate the new sleep part of the app . I can't even read it, whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired.

Best Answer

The new sleep screen is terrible terrible terrible. Old one was so much better. 

Best Answer

I hate the new sleep summary layout. PLEASE go back to the previous one. Sleep tracking is the only reason I buy the premium. 

Best Answer

I literally just bought an upgrade watch and specifically chose Fitbit over Apple Watch for sleep tracking. Now it’s useless to me. 

I’ve been a Fitbit user for over 10 years and only now created message board username for reading and posting comments due to this update. This is a change for the sake of change by someone in a big chair completely out of touch with real users. What a terrible mistake. 

Best Answer

Agree. It’s white on white  

Best Answer

Agreed! Its so hard to read now whereas before i could instantly see my stats. Plus i miss the smiley face and bright colors! Ugh this is so CLINICAL looking. We dont need to feel like we are at work for crying out loud. Its supposed to be fun!!!

Best Answer

I, too, bought my Fitbit mainly for sleep tracking and heart rate. This new version is horrible; not an upgrade, but more of a downgrade.  I’m going with Apple Watch as soon as possible.

Best Answer