Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No active minutes and not tracking heart rate when exercising.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge hr is not showing any active minutes since i bought this about five weeks ago. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it on my mac. Still nothing. I do a lot of exercise a week and i can't track this accurately. When i activate my hr starting an activity like pump fx or zumba it is not recognising my heart rate so i have no accurate stats for my workout. 45 mins exercising saying 70 calories burnt. I am starting to feel this purchased is not fit for purpose unless someone can advise me otherwise. Please help community. Concerned that so many people seem to have issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Michfors, the following steps should definitely help you out:

1. Experiment with wearing your Charge HR two to three fingers above your wrist. Blood flow increases the higher up you go on the arm and wearing your tracker higher will increase its HR accuracy.
  2. Be sure to wear your tracker snug, but not too tight to the point where it restricts blood flow.
  3. With workouts where your wrist is moving vigorously and non-rhythmically or workouts that cause your wrists to flex (think boxing, P90x, or bicep curls), the movement could prevent the HR sensor from finding an accurate heart rate. For instances like this, I would recommend relaxing your wrist for a few seconds and afterwards you should see an accurate HR reading.

Hope this helps you out!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes