Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mile splits are displayed for a Hike in the Fitbit app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went on a c.15mi hike during which I wore my Charge 2 and tracked it through the app.  The route is shown in red on the map, and the total mileage is shown at the end point. However, there are no mileage points along the route, and there are no mile splits below the map as with other exercises.  Of course I've tried force closing the app and turning the phone off and back on again.  It's been two days and no amount of syncing or closures seem to make a difference. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Scott_in_CA, it's nice to see you around, I hope you're enjoying your time in the Community. 

The reason you're not able to see mile splits on your route is because they do not show as mile splits using the Hike exercise on your Charge 2, instead, they are listed under Pace.

If you're not able to see the mile splits under Pace, please go to your Activity List in the online Dashboard and click on Show Details on your hike to verify that the mileage splits and marks show on the map. If they're showing, I would like to suggest logging out from the app, restarting your phone and logging back in to update the information shown in it, as it might not be updating correctly. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply.  

The miles usually show up along the route if I tap the map for a larger view.  Each mile is flagged with a black marker along the red route.  In this case they did not, however.  

And below the map, as with other hikes, the mile splits are listed explicitly as "Mile Splits."  I'll attach some pictures. 

I did try logging out of the app, closing again, and restarting the phone. Now the map part is gone and all day I've had this gray rectangle with a spinning wheel.  There is a summary below still.  But now I have less information than before.  

It will probably just end up being another lost exercise.  That's pretty common with Fitbit.  This one was an important one, so I really didn't want to see it go. 

An earlier hike with mileage flaggedAn earlier hike with mileage flagged

Overview of the earlier hike with mile splits listed belowOverview of the earlier hike with mile splits listed below

This is what my latest hike now looks likeThis is what my latest hike now looks like

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: This information is all displayed on the online dashboard.  I deleted the app and reinstalled it, but i still get the gray rectangle rather than a map preview, and a spinning wheel.  

It doesn't work and I don't know how to delete these posts, so let me just say that I don't care anymore.  I'm done wasting my time.  I don't care what the solution is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Scott_in_CA, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and providing me the screenshots. 

I've forwarded the information you provided and our engineering team is now aware of the problem and is working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes