Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "info" icon on Bluetooth settings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've searched and read every single "can't get my notifications to work" forum post there is. My Inspire HR used to get notifications from my iPhone just fine. Then one day, about a month and a half ago, it stopped getting them. I have done every version of "turn it off and back on again" and "restart/reset your _______" and "delete the app, remove the device, redownload, re-add the device" and ALL THE OTHER THINGS and nothing is working to get phone notifications through my fitbit again.

In my bluetooth settings (on iPhone 6S with iOS 13.5.1), where the Inspire HR is listed as "connected" it does not show the blue info icon that is next to every other bluetooth device I'm connected to. I suspect this may be part of the issue (as I'm not able to toggle the "share device notifications" setting), but there's no way to fix it that I'm currently aware of.

Anyone else having a similar issue, and/or a solution? I'm about to solve the issue with a hammer and find another fitness tracking device because this is ridiculous.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I'm going to move your iOS question to the ios board @caitb2 

This way ios users will be able to see it.

I'm android, but sometimes simply shutting the phone off then on, not just a restart straightens BT issues out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Rich_Laue; I've tried that more than once to no avail, but appreciate the reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@caitb2 - 

I have a support case booked from early February that was opened because of one of my posts here on the iOS board. I would give you a link to the post, but the last time I did it the post was removed for "cross-posting", when all I was trying to do was not having to retype everything. The last post to the thread was 06-08-2020 if you wish to visit it. It's probably on page 9 or 10 by now. Just look for the "Grumpy" picture.

I too, do not have a clean pair, as witnessed by the lack of the "Information Icon". I have lost 8 specific functions that I have depended on to varying degrees in the past due to the pairing failures and few other newer ones, as well.

And I receive nearly two-dozen pairing requests daily - sometimes more. It has gotten to the point that I am leaving the app out of memory unless I need the phones GPS during one of my walks initiated by my Versa 2. Otherwise, my "Treadmill" and "Workout" sessions stay on my device until early evening or when I really, really want to know where I sit calorie burn wise, though I pretty much know where I am through the day.

I have personally seen nearly 100 posts dating back to October, or so, when iOS 13 was released regarding pairing issues (many where the poster doesn't know that's what it probably is), referencing missing text, reminder, calendar and call notifications, all-day sync failures, dynamic update of the app's "Today" screen, including Heart Rate, Steps, etc. (That's six or seven of my missing functions right there).

If there are 100 or more posts with many replies, imagine all of the individuals experiencing the issues that aren't participating in the threads, or even know the boards exists.

You are indeed not alone, and I have been ensured that the Development Team is "aware and looking into it" - for five months now 🙄.

@Rich_Laue  is correct in stating that <<edit>> sometimes <</edit>> restarting a phone helps - I'll cross my fingers for you, but...

Each time I get an iOS or Versa 2 update, I "forget the device", restart my phone and reconnect the device to force a clean pairing attempt - nothing.

Good luck to us all, and welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Suddenly ran into this today trying to pair a Luxe. Has there been any resolution to this? Like the OP I tried everything. Even upgraded to the latest iOS 15.4 on iPhone 13 pro max. Also tried iPhone 6 with different accounts. Definitely the Luxe. 
maybe I need to reflash the firmware but there is no procedure for that, just erasing all user data which of course doesn’t work. 

Best Answer

Having this issue now myself.  Every step that could be taken has been and I still cannot pair my device with my iPhone XR.  There is no (i) information icon now, either.  It was paired but would not sync.  In trying to get it to sync, I went through all the steps of turning off Bluetooth, turning it back on, unpairing, removing the app, re-adding the app, etc. It also kept telling me it was unable to find a wifi network and the sync errored out after a minute or two. So, the next steps were to, unpair then repair. Nope. Then, shut down the Fitbit, then turn it back on and try. Nope. Removed the app, then re-added it. Nope. Shut down my phone, turned it back on. Nope.  Turned Bluetooth off then on again. Nope. I was then prompted to remove the device from my app/account. Now, it won't let me re-add the Fitbit to my account. I try to set it up and it finds it, I get the code, enter it, then I get this notification: "Something Went Wrong. There was an error trying to pair your device". There were no other Bluetooth devices interfering. I got on a live chat with support last night and went through all the steps again trying to get it to add to my app. Couldn't get it. So the support person, Jose, said the warranty department would reach out. Of course, it's not under warranty, so I am prompted to get a new one. Um... WHAT? The device works, it is the software or firmware that doesn't seem to be working. Why should I have to spend money on a new device when it's not a device issue, it's a sync/pair/add issue? That seems highly unethical that the software stops working so we have to purchase new devices.

Best Answer

I I have the same problem. Did you find a solution??

iOS & iPadOS 16.2  Fitbit app 3.72

The Fitbit Sense would not sync, so I chose to ‘Forget this device.’ I then chose ‘Set Up a Device’

It gives me the “Enter the 4 digits on your display” message and the 4 digits show up on my watch, but when I enter them, it throws up the error: “Something went wrong There was an error while trying to pair your device.”

It can communicate the 4 digits to the Fitbit but cannot pair. The watch is now 24 min. slow, so it can’t tell time either..

This happens on my iPad (with the iPhone off) and on the iPhone (with the iPad off), so I know the problem is with the Fitbit.

The Fitbit, iPad & iPhone are all fully charged. I have reinstalled the Fitbit app on both the iPad & iPhone. I have turned the Fitbit on and off. I have turned the iPad & iPhone on and off. I have turned Bluetooth on and off on both devices, all in every possible sequence.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You understand this is a deal breaker. If this is not resolved, this Sense might as well be a $200 turd.

Hello??

btw, my old Apple Watch Series 6 pairs up just fine with my iPhone. Your lack of response has given me a wonderful opportunity to consider my next steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My device is paired, but it thinks it isn't--I get constant prods to pair my device. It does still sync, sort of, though it takes 3-4 swipes to get it to kick in. I too have deleted, restarted, refreshed, whatever. I will continue to use it as long as it still syncs at all, but when that stops, I think it's finally time for a device from a different company. Fitbit is SO FRUSTRATING with the lack of product support. Even really great devices and systems need support sometimes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if this relevant to anyone now but I found a fix. It’s not ideal but it worked for me. 
I’m using an iPhone 14Pro Max with iOS 16.1.2 and have a Fitbit charge 4 that’s not even 2 years old. 
I too was showing that my Fitbit was connected but had no blue “i” icon next to it. I tried deleting the app, turning on airplane mode, rebooting the Fitbit and rebooting my phone all to no avail. Finally I went to “settings” to “about” to “clear user data” on the Fitbit itself. This deletes the user data and unpairs the Fitbit. Then set up as of a new device. I now have the blue info icon next to the Fitbit in my Bluetooth settings. Fingers crossed it stays there. 

Best Answer

After trying so many things eventually got rid of the issue by turning off/on the Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had that same problem and fixed it by:

- Factory resetting the FitBit Charge 4

- Removing it from the Fitbit App

- putting my iPhone in Plane Mode for over 10 seconds

- restarting the iPhone. 

The last 2 steps were taken from this post on the Apple Forum - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252197243

now to reconfigure everything 😞

Best Answer

I've done all the things and the info icon comes back...temporarily. After a day or so it loses the connection and I have to reset everything to get it to come back...this defeats the purpose of having a log when the log is erased every 2 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes