Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text notifications when Show Preview is Never

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do not want the entire text to be displayed on my phone just to get a notification on my Versa. This used to be an option, is there a fix for this?  If not I may have to go with a different brand.  I only want to see who is texting me on my versa and phone, I do NOT want the entire preview/text enabled just so I get it on my Versa.

Will this ever be an option again?  And if so, how long until a fix elevates?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Shazen1. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for letting me know about the issues experienced with the notifications. I understand how you're feeling about having to enable the Show Preview settings to receive those notifications on your tracker.

Our team constantly works on our products taking into consideration the comments posted in the Community, and feedback like yours helps us to evaluate our procedures and improve our products. For any updates about the notifications issues experienced after updating to iOS 13, let me recommend to visit this thread. Be sure that your feedback won't go unnoticed.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Best Answer

Is this something that will be fixed? The link you provided gives trouble shooting tips on getting notifications by doing exactly what this post is saying we do not want. I do NOT want previews of texts on my phone but do want a notification on my Fitbit charge. My Alta has no problem doing this. 
I don’t mind seeing the text on my Fitbit as long as I can turn previews off on my phone. 

Best Answer

Hi @Sli4, welcome. It's good to see a new face around.

Thanks for taking the time to check the information shared in my post. Let me explain that with the introduction of iOS 13, the required settings to receive notifications changed. For that reason, on the Notifications settings in your phone you'll need to set Show Previews to Always or When Unlocked for your preferred apps to receive notifications on your Fitbit device. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and be sure that your feedback will be passed along so our team can continue working on our products and services.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have we found a solution to this? We just want our phone texts to remain private from the public eye but to alert us on our watches! I’d settle for no preview on the watch if it simple even alerted I had a text. 
we all just want the privacy. 

Best Answer

@SarahMaree Welcome on board.

Thanks for joining this thread. I understand where you're coming from about protecting your privacy and as mentioned before, currently your iPhone needs to meet those conditions in order to receive notifications on your Fitbit device. These requirements were introduced after updating to iOS 13 or higher, and while they cannot be changed, your feedback will be passed along so we can improve our features and make Fitbit more useful for you.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, what fitbits don’t require you that you show previews on your phone in order to get text notifications? I just Bought a luxe and it requires this and I prefer not to display a preview of my texts on my phone  I last had an Alta but that’s too outdated now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community, @Lorilori.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing your thoughts about this situation. As mentioned above, these requirements were introduced after updating to iOS 13 or higher, meaning that this change will apply to all our Fitbit devices syncing with an iOS mobile device. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and to learn more about how to get notifications, I'd recommend this help article. Every feedback shared in the forums is truly appreciated and rest assured yours won't be taken for granted.

Best Answer

I agree. Years later and we do not have a solution. Any update on this, Fitbit?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @carlycausey1.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing your thoughts about this situation. Let me explain that after the release of the iOS 13 version, it's now required to have Show Preview Set as Always or When Unlocked in order to receive notifications on your Fitbit device. While it's not possible to change these requirements, you can always vote for this idea posted in the Feature Suggestions board so our developers can keep tracking this request over time.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and appreciate your feedback. Please know we'll keep working to improve the experience with our features.

Best Answer
0 Votes