Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications don't work unless screen is on.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a strange problem with my charge 2 fitbit and iphone 5. The notifications on my fitbit do not work, unless the screen of my iphone is on. I tried a lot about resetting and changing settings, but did not manage to succeed. Help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @HvdVeen, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If you're only able to receive Notifications when the screen in your phone is on, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications.
  • Show in Notification Center
  • Show on Lock screen. 

After enabling this, you will be able to receive Notifications even if your tracker is locked and the screen is off. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help. After hours of searching I found out that it had to do with some do not disturb of my iphone. So it is ultimately solved!

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello @HvdVeen, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If you're only able to receive Notifications when the screen in your phone is on, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications.
  • Show in Notification Center
  • Show on Lock screen. 

After enabling this, you will be able to receive Notifications even if your tracker is locked and the screen is off. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HvdVeen, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I'm very glad to know your issue has now been resolved. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Very Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes