Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to set how long messages are stored in the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do not have a lot of memory on my iPhone and it seems now that I have owned my Fitbit for over a year it is storing all my data and messages!! I have stopped the messages, but not soon enough, and have close to a year of them too.

Can you please allow users set the length of time any data or notices are stored on the phone?  Then I can set a one month of retention and if I want to look back allow that data to remain on the web to be viewed instead?

Set up the system so the user has full control of what is stored or displayed on the phone app. Personally I do not really want to see messaged over a month old, and even data, limit it to the last few months at most.

At this rate I am going to have to set up a new user account just to get rid of all the data the program stores on my phone and do that regularly just to keep the data set manageable.  Sadly the IPhones do not allow the user to use an external SD card to add storage, and I will not buy a new phone just to keep Fitbit happily amassing extraneous data on it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Hun_ter, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Please note that the in-app notifications and messages do not take a lot of space in your phone; nevertheless, I understand how important having control over them could be really helpful. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future.

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer