Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull to refresh

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a blind user with a charge for using the VoiceOver app on my iPhone as a screen reader. I am wondering what the pull to refresh button does? I have tried using it when the home screen in the app is frozen and steps, distance, and other fields have frozen with no result. I am wondering if this is a new issue with The Fitbit application software not being compatible with the Apple iPhone voiceover screen reader. Does anyone else have an issue with the pole to refresh button?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello again @Podunk 

Unfortunately the pull to refresh function would not work (as you have discovered) to help reorganize tiles if they have gotten out of your preferred order either. It doesn’t work with someone without using a voiceover program either like myself. The only way to reorganize tiles is using the edit button. I know from our past conversations that the edit button on the Fitbit App isn’t recognized at all using voiceover which causes a huge disruption in your ability to navigate the Fitbit App. I’m sure it’s quite frustrating and confusing when your tiles get rearranged for whatever reason and things aren’t where they should be. 

You also mentioned issues using pull to refresh to sync your active zone mins. Active zone mins are not displayed on the today page of the Fitbit App but the zone mins are if you have that tile activated. Without physically seeing your today screen on the Fitbit App myself it’s hard to know if yours is indeed activated or disabled. If the zone mins are activated then pull to refresh should update that tile if you did what was needed physically to earn it. 

I would agree that in your case a verbal conversation over the phone would resolve issues in a much easier manner and more effective as well. Maybe a moderator will see this post and agree to a verbal conversation. I have no knowledge of this ever happening so I can only cross my fingers that someone with a bit of compassion and understanding will reach out to you. 

I do hope I was able to provide you with the best answer to your original question about the function of the pull to refresh function and explain it’s inability to work with a frozen screen with steps to help when the screen is indeed frozen. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Podunk 

You asked what pull down to refresh does on the Fitbit App. Technically it just refreshes the Fitbit App screen and syncs all your collected data from your Fitbit tracker to the current totals. “Sometimes” when I swipe down to refresh my screen it takes a bit to sync and display my current data while most times it’s lightning fast to update the data on the screen. Hopefully pull down to refresh works as it should for you as well. 

But you said you try the “pull to refresh” method when the screen on your Fitbit App is “frozen”. If that’s the case then I’d say that’s pretty normal behavior. When my Fitbit App screen is frozen then no amount of pulling down to refresh will work. The Fitbit App will simply stay in a frozen state. The pull down to refresh technically just syncs your Fitbit tracker but won’t unfreeze the Fitbit App.

To unfreeze your screen on an iOS device you need to swipe up from the bottom of your screen then force shut the Fitbit App by again swiping it upward. After doing that you can tap on the Fitbit App again to reopen it back up. Usually that will repair a frozen screen. But sometimes it still will not unfreeze. In that case, again force shut the Fitbit App, restart your phone then open the Fitbit App again. 

😃 I hope this provides you with the best answer to your question. Please let me know if this helps. 

Best Answer
Morning megabyte, call to refresh definitely does not work when the home screen has frozen. I have found that I have to double tap the home button swipe up and remove Fitbit tap the home button again and then click on Fitbit to get the screen to open and update. because I cannot see the Fitbit I use the Fitbit application on the iPhone when I walk to get updates on steps distance and heart rate. I have tried using the pool to refresh to get active zone minutes however this does not update. I have tried using Cole to refresh when Home screen tiles have reorganized themselves and this has not had any effect.

I believe this is another case where the developers should use VoiceOver screen readers to check to see that the screens function well for those who are blind or otherwise reading disabled. it is frustrating and disappointing to know that there is information that 50 has provided to those with vision and has kept from the blind and reading disabled community. I will make this offer again to Fitbit moderators that if they wish to get in touch with me they are more than welcome to when I would be happy to speak with them over the phone. I feel that a conversation would be helpful for them to understand how frustrating he fit that application can be.

Thank you again megabyte and I am glad you were out there providing help to the Fitbit community.
Best Answer

Hello again @Podunk 

Unfortunately the pull to refresh function would not work (as you have discovered) to help reorganize tiles if they have gotten out of your preferred order either. It doesn’t work with someone without using a voiceover program either like myself. The only way to reorganize tiles is using the edit button. I know from our past conversations that the edit button on the Fitbit App isn’t recognized at all using voiceover which causes a huge disruption in your ability to navigate the Fitbit App. I’m sure it’s quite frustrating and confusing when your tiles get rearranged for whatever reason and things aren’t where they should be. 

You also mentioned issues using pull to refresh to sync your active zone mins. Active zone mins are not displayed on the today page of the Fitbit App but the zone mins are if you have that tile activated. Without physically seeing your today screen on the Fitbit App myself it’s hard to know if yours is indeed activated or disabled. If the zone mins are activated then pull to refresh should update that tile if you did what was needed physically to earn it. 

I would agree that in your case a verbal conversation over the phone would resolve issues in a much easier manner and more effective as well. Maybe a moderator will see this post and agree to a verbal conversation. I have no knowledge of this ever happening so I can only cross my fingers that someone with a bit of compassion and understanding will reach out to you. 

I do hope I was able to provide you with the best answer to your original question about the function of the pull to refresh function and explain it’s inability to work with a frozen screen with steps to help when the screen is indeed frozen. 

Best Answer

This morning I read an article from the Google android advisor stating that Fitbit users will be migrated to the Google platform starting in 2023 through 2025. I can only hope that is part of the migration the software will be rewritten, accuracy will be improved and handicapped accessibility will be emphasized.

I am hoping with migration that the issues stated in this thread will be addressed for the benefit of all members of the Fitbit community.

Best Answer