Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about heart rate zones and custom heart rate zones.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a question about the heart rate zones on my iOS app dashboard. I have the custom HR rate zones set with the lower limit being 100. Tonight i noticed it said 72 bpm in larger type and in smaller type it said "78 bpm resting". When it kicked up to 75 bpm the whole heart went red and it said "fat burn zone" below it. 

Shouldn't it not say that until 100 bpm?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Bethany007, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

About the custom heart rate zones, when you set up a custom one, the tracker needs to automatically calculate when you're in the fat burn zone, the limits you set determine when the tracker starts measuring fat burn, cardio and peak zones. If you'd like to continue using a custom heart zone, please keep this in mind. 

Now, about the numbers you're able to see, when you open the app and your tracker starts syncing, the big number you see in the heart rate tile will be your current heart rate zone. The other one (smaller) will be your average resting heart rate for the day. 

I hope this resolves your doubts, keep me posted if there's anything else I can do for you. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marco. 

Yes I do see what you are talking about. But after the the syncing is finished and the heart is pulsing on the dashboard in time to your heart (while wearing the tracker), if I get up and walk around to raise my bpm the smaller print (average resting with number) disappears and is replaced by the words "fat burn zone" and the heart pulsing turns solid red. I was under the impression that if I set the custom upper & lower heart rate zone (example 100 bpm for lower) that it wouldn't say "fat burn zone" until your bpm hits 100 and that you were now in that zone when exercising. Am I incorrect? I must be misunderstanding something. Am I setting cardio zone when I think I'm setting fat burn zone? Is that what's going on? That I can only customize the numbers for cardio zone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marco,

My question hasn't been answered yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bethany007, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

When the heart rates zones are set to automatically, the tracker calculates the heart rate zones depending on the tracker's usage. When you set up custom heart rate zones, the tracker will identify the lower number as the Fat Burn zone limit, which means that any number over 100 will be considered Cardio Zone, which end on the higher number you've set, any number over the highest one set will be the Peak zone and these will not vary even if your fitness level does, which explains why you're able to see the name of the zones in the app. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes