Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Failed login and account setup "Error 403"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hi folks!

We're aware of an issue where users are unable to log into the Fitbit app or create new accounts. Our team is investigating these reports and we will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

APACError2.jpg

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone!

To all of you that were affected and couldn't log in to the Fitbit app earlier, please go ahead and try again if you haven't already. This login error has now been resolved. 

Please respond in this thread if you're still having trouble, otherwise, I will take this as confirmation that the error has been resolved. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

cant setup new device

it says fitbit.com is down for maintenance 

Best Answer

Just bought a Versa today and attempted to set up for over 20 times. It just showed "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.fitbit.HTTP error 403.)". I am using iPhone 6 Plus and have just updated the ios to ios 12. Please advice. Thanks!

Best Answer

Same here... very annoying

Best Answer

Me too. I use note 8 ipad and notebook but cannot set up new device

Best Answer
0 Votes

i contacted them and they claim its my network issue. not helping at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

that's their boilerplate reply for this problem for years. all my apps are fine, except fitbit. it's been going on a lot after latest app update

Best Answer
0 Votes

got the same error message when trying to add new Versa to my app. What's to be done?

Best Answer
0 Votes

wonder when they can fix it

Best Answer

I just bought ionic last an hour ago. My first fitbit but now i want to return it. Very upset

Best Answer

I have been with live chat support for the past half hour, doing all sorts of troubleshooting and still no luck. want to return it already. a few weeks ago got flex2 and added with no issue at all. now this. very disappointed. 

Best Answer

im thinking of returning it. right after i bought, my friend told me that fitbit company is going down in the stock market. It wasnt surprised. -*-

Best Answer
0 Votes

their advice:-

Okay we've checked your account and confirmed that your Fitbit Versa has been indeed disconnected just today. To further investigate, may we know what Android phone model are you using? Also please go to your phone Settings > Apps > Fitbit > then find and choose the option to 'Clear Data' and 'Clear Cache' then try to setup again.

this is ridiculous as i used 2 other phones of different brand which didn't have fitbit before ever. still cant

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use android (note8) , os (ipad pro) , notebook (window) still cant 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried to set up my new Versa on windows 10 app as instructed by the live chat support. and i got almost the same error message. "can't connect to fitbit please check your network connections and try again"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anna: Thanks for waiting, Sherwood.Me: do me a favor, find any phone on your desktop and try set up a new device. do you have the same error message?Anna: Upon checking your previous case, it seems it has been escalated to our higher support team for further review.Me: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/fitbit-com-is-down-for-maintenance/m-p/2971991/highlight...Me: i am not the only oneMe: i just want to confirm you are having the same problemMe: so we know it's server side not end users sideAnna: We did replicate the same process and tried setting up a Versa using an iOS, Android and Windows device but it seems that it only works with iOS as of the moment.Me: ok coolMe: so we know the problem is with your server

Best Answer

Same here. Been trying to set up since 4hours ago, trying everything uninstalled reinstalled and restart both Versa and phone.

I am using iphone 7 plus and  updated to the latest IOS 2 days ago. 

Kinda sad 😔 I am so looking forward to try this tomorrow for my morning run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info. Your Vivo V7+ isn't currently listed as a compatible device for the Fitbit app (http://fitbit.com/devices). This may be the reason why you're having difficulty on this setup process. Given this, not all features may not be fully functional and syncing issue may arise. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility. In this case, we suggest trying to use a different compatible device to re-setup the Versa. Please make sure the 2 other phones are also listed. Once it is reconnected, you may try to sync again with your phone. We appreciate your understanding.

They are blaming my phone now

previously no problem

and I tried with Samsung and Huawei too

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Error prompts “ (com.fitbit.HTTP error 403)

Best Answer

Me: so we know the problem is with your serverAdriel: Hi Sherwood, My name is Adriel. How can I help you?Me: you know how you can help meMe: fix your serverMe: ASAPAdriel: I apologize if the chat got disconnected while speaking with the previous representative. No worries, I can continue handling your case.Me: there is nothing much i can do on my side nowMe: the problem is on your server. please fix it asapMe: so i don't need to go through the trouble returning the versa i just got an hour agoAdriel: With regard to your inquiry, there is currently an on-going issue and we have already reached out to our highest level of support for them to investigate it.Adriel: I've already handled a similar issue a while ago.Me: how can this happen, you guys don't do any beta testing before releasing the app updates?Me: mind boggling, you are supposed to be the leading company in thisAdriel: I do apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. But what I did on my end is to reach out to our support team in order for them to check this issue regarding the setup of Fitbit devices to Windows 10.Me: your strength is with your app not your hardware. your community, not your marketing gimmicks.Me: it does not work my my android phoneMe: fix the phone interface first pleaseMe: nowadays people can live without windows but not without their phoneMe: no need to apologize AndrielAdriel: Yes. That is correct. This is a new issue that we encounter just today and we've just reached out to our highest level of support in order for them to have this investigated as soon as possible.Me: not your faultMe: i just can't understand this kind of screw up could and did happenMe: some senior brass need to cop itAdriel: What we do on our end is to take note of this case and notify those who experienced the same issue as soon as we get a reply from our higher department.Adriel: So far, the two platforms are currently affected by this issue. We've replicated this using an iOS and it works.Adriel: We will provide necessary steps as soon as we receive an update from our higher department.Me: ok thenMe: that's it for now. waste enough time on this alreadyMe: and i don't get paid for talking to you guys either.Me: cheersMe: fix it asap pleaseAdriel: That is noted, Sherwood. We will collate every information we have right now to have this fixed as soon as possible.Adriel: Again, I apologize if this issue has taken too much of your time.Adriel: Do you have any additional concerns besides this one?

Best Answer
0 Votes