Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate in app only showing dashes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This has been an issue for over a month. I've tried the chat. I've sent emails and screenshots but nothing is working to resolve the problem. The Fitbit app one day stopped showing my resting heart rate it only shows -- as resting my heart rate. I've cleared my data, restarted my device, uninstalled the app, turned off bluetooth. Nothing is working. I've only had my Charge 5 for six months and it's very frustrating that this isn't working and it takes over a week to hear back through emails from support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Let's get more specific.  Are you talking about the heart tile on Today screen?  Does it show current heart rate above that?  If you tap on that so that it show heart rate graph for each day, does it tell the resting heart rate with each day?  Does Health Metrics show your Resting Health Rate?

I'm trying to figure out if it is just a display issue there, or if it is not calculating a RHR.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the heart tile. It shows my current heart rate but under that it's -- for resting heart rate and when I click on that section it only shows -- for the past month of resting heart rate data. Health metrics is not showing resting heart rate data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Going into the heart rate tile, are you getting heart rate recorded throughout the day, and are you wearing your fitbit close to 24 hrs a day so it can get your RHR?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I'm not. I haven't been wearing it as much because it's not giving me that data. I never had to wear it all day before to get resting heart rate information. It used to always record RHR no matter how long I wore it but just stopped one day. I'll try wearing it more to see if that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you didn't have to wear it all day before to get RHR, I suppose that's not the problem.  I was just trying to guess what it might be, but really don't know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you I do appreciate the help and suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes