Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

DF038D6D-BCE2-44CB-B2B8-8971DE1C32A7.jpeg

I have iPhone 7 all recent updates installed. I just received the Fitbit Ionic a couple weeks ago. First couple days things were fine. But now I cannot get my notifications from my phone. I have to force sync it.  I get the above error when I try to set up all day sync. I’m really kind of unhappy with my Fitbit bc I paid a lot of money and it’s a glorified watch right now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trying to sync my Alta HR WITH MY 6s Plus and getting this error.  Help

Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
0 Votes

i received a notice for an update.  It locked up halfway through and now i receive this error.

1. When did you first see this error message? 10/16 4:45pm PT
  2. What device model do you have?  HR Charge
  3. What iOS version are you currently running? IOS 11.0.3
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?  AT&T
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same error on my Charge HR.  Saw it today at 730pm.  I’ve done the latest iOS update and I have Verizon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried to update my Charge HR today.

IPhone 6, version 11.0.3

Sprint

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. 10/16/2017

2. Charge hr, iPhone 5s

3. iOS 11.0.3

4. Verizon 

Best Answer

I’m done. Like for real this firmware bricked my device and they just won’t admit it. It refuses to reconnect to Bluetooth, rollback, or even restart. I don’t want another one, honestly I just want a company with better support. 

Best Answer

Got the notification in the Fitbit app that there was an update available for the CHARGE HR so started the update process. After 15 minutes with the update halfway through I get that error message. Now my charge HR is unusable as it is stuck halfway through a continually failing update. Not happy.C14A8720-E3CB-4FCE-8111-3A1E8ED8893C.jpeg

11BE1A52-F7CE-4F79-B14B-E36D4108735A.jpeg

B1C49B61-329C-4ED9-807A-F576BEBC0759.png

Best Answer

I just tried updating my Charge HR (yes, I know it's old). I'm getting this exact error and my Fitbit appears to be completely unusable at this time. I've been having intermittent sync issues for the last few weeks as it is, so this is like the icing on the cake. Not happy.

iPhone 5s running iOS 11.0.3

Fitbit 2.41.1 (723)

Best Answer

Exactly the same thing here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The worst part is that I had a feeling this update was going to brick my Fitbit. I can't quite remember, but I must have had issues with the previous update or something (when was that, almost 2 years ago?! Surprised to even see an update after going without one for so long). In order to ensure everything went smoothly, I made sure both my phone and Fitbit were plugged-in and chose not to use my phone while it updated. It obviously didn't matter because, sure enough, my Fitbit is now bricked and unusable. I hope that something can or will be done about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. When did you first see this error message?  Today during the tracker update
  2. What device model do you have? HR Charge
  3. What iOS version are you currently running? 11.0.3
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? T-mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

1. I saw a massage that an update was available and clicked it around 09:00 European time.

2. Charge HR

3. iOS 11.0.2

4. Vodafone (Netherlands)

my display is stuck on a symbol of a progress bar and an exclamation mark in a bubble in the middle of it.... 

please find a solution as my whole device is useless at the moment 

Best Answer

Hello,

You may try this on your iPhone

*forget Charge HR on BT list
*restart Charge HR tracker

Open app to continue with the update. This should work.

Best Answer

Thank you!!!! I just tried this and my Charge HR is working again 🙂

Best Answer
Hi,

I already tried this.
The first attempt did not work. The second attempt outside on 4G network, worked out pretty well. Maybe the home wifi did not work smoothly.
Thanks for your help!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked!!! 

Almost went into the Fitbit app to remove my device there but then realised you meant removing the device from Bluetooth in the iPhone settings. 

My device is updated and is usable again. Thanks!!!! 

Best Answer

Thank you, mindy7! Your solution worked!

Best Answer
  1. When did you first see this error message? - when i try to update the tracker
  2. What device model do you have? Charge HR
  3. What iOS version are you currently running? IOS 11.0.3
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Singtel 
Best Answer
0 Votes

1. Since last Fitbit app update 
2. IPhone 6
3. IOS 11.0.3
4. EE

Says Bluetooth not connected even when Fitbit charge 2 is manually connected in settings.

had no issues until last app update which also has text glitches

Best Answer
0 Votes