Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

I had an iPhone 5c and the 11 update wasn’t available for it so my Charge 2 wouldn’t sync. This started last week so I thought it was a iOS issue so I got a new phone and have tried all the tricks listed to get it to sync to my 7 but still just searches. I have Verizon for service. Longtime FitBit user and very frustrated with this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still cant access the fit bit Alta HR.

When is this going to be resolved.

I see there is a new up-date being rolled out but that is over the next few weeks.

Do we have to wait "weeks" to get this resolved.

As this was put on the forum last Friday I would have thought that someone from fit bit would have put an up-date.

You have had long enough.  Get it sorted please.

Best Answer

I am getting this error message, it started Monday, 10/16/2017 right after I charged it and tried doing the update.  Now, it wont connect to Bluetooth and I have a half filled green bar in the screen of it. 

Best Answer

Update- I finally found how to restart my Charge 2 and it has now loaded. The stats are all off but at least it’s synced now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Verizon I phone 6s with the latest version of IOS.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I am getting this error message, it started Monday, 10/16/2017 right after I charged it and tried doing the update.  Now, it wont connect to Bluetooth and I have a half filled green bar in the screen of it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge HR. I am running iOS 11.0.3 and I keep my Fitbit app updated. I use Verizon. I first noticed this problem last night when trying to run the update. It gets partially through the update then I receive the error. My device will now do nothing but show a progress bar partially completed with an exclamation mark. It won’t even sync with the app. 

Best Answer

Message came up tonight when I updated the firmware as suggested by the app at just past midnight. My app is current as of October 11, iOS 11.03 iPhone 6S, Fitbit charge HR, Telus provider on wifi at the time of update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mindy7. How do I do this?  Im confused.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a iphone 6 with latest update but since going to IOS 10 , no on 11 , both myself & wife , same iphone 6 & HR , we have had to turn off Bluetooth & turn on again to sync fully otgerwise it stops part way through syncing & goes nowhere. Even though checkig bluetooth connection prior to syncing the device is connected . Never had this issue prior to IOS 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the update on 10/16 and it still says updating and won't sync. I have a Fitbit charge and it says Version 0 when I look at my profile...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Seashell592

You can try:
1. Go to your Phone's Bluetooth Settings.
2. Choose to forget/remove Charge HR 
3. Restart your Charge HR. Instruction here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186. 
4. Open the fitbitapp to continue with the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1) October 16, at night

2) Charge HR

3) iPhone 7, IOS 11.0.3

4) AT&T

GOT MY TRACKER WORKING!!!

Here’s what I did:

1) Plug in both the Fitbit tracker and your mobile devices for charging.

2) Go into your mobile devices Bluetooth  settings and delete/forget the Fitbit tracker.

3) Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and delete the tracker.

4) While still in the Fitbit app, reinstall the tracker (this can take several minutes). This step should unfreeze your tracker.

5) Pair up your tracker and mobile device. Done!

Best Answer

First noticed error msg 10-17-17

IOS11

ATT

CHARGE

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. 10/16/17

2. Charge HR

2. iOS 11.0.3

3. AT&T

Best Answer
0 Votes

I began getting the error message on 10/16/2017, Charge HR, Version 122, AT&T

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mindy7

It worked!  Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem. Here are my answers to your questions:

1. 17/10/2017

2.  Charge HR

3.  iOS 11.0.2

4.  O2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Started today- I have an Alta and the most current iOS on my iPhone 7. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Started after trying to update. 

Charge HR

iOS 11.0.3

Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following the suggestions of others:

the charge HR was already connected to the charge cable when I told my iPhone 6s to forget the Bluetooth device charge HR. 

I then went to the Fitbit app and found that it was already pushing the update to the Fitbit charge HR. I just had to wait a couple of minutes for the update to finish and select pair when prompted. It seems to be back and working 

Best Answer