Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

1. 10/17/2017

Charge

ios 11.0.3 , iPhone 6

verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went to update tracker as app had told me too stopped half way through and now l have a bar with exclamation point on it. iPhone se, Telus and iOS 11.0.3 all up to date 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1) First saw error message on 10/17/17

2) Device model = ChargeHR / Phone = iPhone 6

3) iOS version = 11.0.3

4) Phone provider = Verizon

Note.  This not only refuses to update, it has completely disabled my fitbit so I can't even check the time.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just read a post on here about going to your Bluetooth connection so I told mine to forget my Charge HR and the update completed. I am now able to use mine as normal!

Best Answer

Right..

Thanks for the messages from the community.

I have done the same as I wrote in post 14. Again and again.. 😞

However, after "forgetting" my device in BT the AltaHR now doesn't even come up in the list.

Tried two other i-phones and the same applies it doesn't come up in the list of BT devices. even after re-booting iphone after iphone and turning BT off and on again.

No matter what I do it doesn't even show up a device.

The Alta HR is fully charged as shown on the screen when connecting and disconnecting the USB charger.

Tried the three button click and that does nothing, just sits there with the same stupid info of dots in diamond shape on the screen.

Managed to find out the model number (FB408)  by fluke as I pressed the USB button so many times we are getting fed up now.

So frustrating.

Why cant fitbit actually reply and take this up as they are really doing nothing to help it seems as though its the fitbit community doing everything.

So come on fitbit do something about this.

EDIT: 21:45 CET.

Up-date,  tried to connect to android, samsung S6, same problems.  

Paired on BT and connected OK

Downloaded APP and tried to connect the device.  No go

It asks for passcode request, number displays on fitbit.

Entered the passcode in to the APP but sits there connecting then advises that it could not connect.

Any advice? Anyone, especially fitbit.. please? or have you lost the plot a bit like we have when we have invested over £120 on a fitness tracker that doesn't do what it is supposed to do..

EDIT 22:45 CET

If you are wondering what App I have installed.. its 2.41.1 (723) installed

Best Answer

Just tried to update Fitbit this morning. Charger HR. Fitbit stopped working at that time- display is stuck on partially filled rectangle similar but smaller than the charging display rectangle. The phone is  IPhone 5c . Ios 10.3.3. In settings Bluetooth is on but Fitbit is not connecting. My devices are not connecting to Bluetooth. Charge HR is trying to connect it is not able to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Verizon cell phone provider

Best Answer
0 Votes

In settings, go to Bluetooth. Click on your device that your Fitbit is usually connected to. You will have an option to disconnect. Do it. I did and then the Fitbit app was able to finish updating. Fitbit now works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner please Read post 14.. and 65...been there done that..Many times....Guess what, it still doesn't work..

Best Answer

The same thing here not able to update or synch says bluetooth error.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My tracker is not frozen thanks. Also , why would it be happening with two separate fitbits & devices

Dave
Best Answer
0 Votes
Does anyone think Apple may have done this because Apple watches aren’t selling as well ? Or are other similar devices having the same issues ?

Dave
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes , obviously a Fitbit/Apple problem. My wifes phone was new the other day & when setting it up it synced to my Fitbit withouta confirmation code being sent to my Fitbit or entered , it caused a huge amount of drama to set it right again , had to take my Fitbit outside the house while I set her phone & Fitbit up again. Plus I get told I have 20 emails when I wake up from Fitbit , all people replying to the issue 🙄

Dave
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes , that’s what happens with ours , until next time you sync & it has to be done again

Best Answer
0 Votes

First got the error when I tried to install the update. Now it won’t sync at all and doesn’t display the time or anything. I have a charge 2. iPhone 6plus sprint  iOS 11.03

Best Answer
0 Votes

Error started today 10.17.17 when I attempted an update

I have the Fitbit HR

IOS version 11.0.3

cell carrier is Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Error started today when I attempted a firmware update:

Fitbit Charge HR

IOS version 11.0.3

ATT

My HR remains in firmware-update mode (shows about halfway completed).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same error here: i was trying to update the tracker and now it got stuck. Nothing works right now.

i have an iphone 6, updated. With Sprint

EDIT: solved! Settings - bluetooth - forget the fitbit

Then i added it again from the app

Best Answer
0 Votes
I “forgot this device” for Bluetooth and then reconnected and everything worked after that

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you first see this error message?   ---  Today 10/17/17 at 750pm
  2. What device model do you have?                  --- Iphone 6 and Charge HR
  3. What iOS version are you currently running?--- 11.0.2
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? --- Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes