Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

@Goldfish59 for some people (such as @SunsetRunner and myself) the forgetting the device and then reconnecting works. People are just trying to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

10/16/17
Charge HR
iOS 11.0.1
AT&T

Please help! I can’t see the time or use my Fitbit at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 2 has been searching since the update around noon today. Still won't sync. 

IOS 11.0.3

Virgin Mobile

Best Answer
0 Votes
I removed the Fitbit from my bluetooth. Tried to replace it through the app.
It is still searching. Still not working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone6, FitbitFlex.  

No error message

Battery wasn't holding charge early October because it was trying to sync(before iPhone updates)

Disconnected bluetooth from iPhone 10/15

Synced successfully from my computer once, Monday, 10/16 in the afternoon

Have not been able to sync since

Problems seem to have started after iPhone updates were installed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. 

Charge hr

verizon

saw yesterday 10/16 for first time

currently running latest iOS update

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same error when trying to update my Charge HR. Now it’s ftozen and won’t work at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. Today, Oct 17

2. Fitbit Charge HR

3. 11.0.3

4. Rogers (Canada)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed it from bluetooth and then hit the update again and it worked. Updated successfully 

Best Answer

1. Saw error today. Recently started using FitBit again. Unable to find FitBit when Bluetooth is ON

2. iPhone 6Plus

3. ISO 11.0.2

4. AT&T

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I first noticed my Fitbit stopped syncing yesterday morning 17.10.17

IOS 11.0.3

Flex 2

Phone network O2

UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

@moorejennie78 Thanks for the reply, I understand that everyones trying to help.

Just so frustrating that fitbit support have not replied or tried to help.

They don't get the highest award for customer service.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is showing an update half completed since last nite and no other options available . I am using version 11.0.3. Charge HR and i am on o2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to do the upgrade last night and have since had this message and my fit bit will not work.

Message Tuesday 17th October 8.30pm

Fitbit HR

Ios 11.0.3

Vodaphone

Please advise how to sort this

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today 18-10-17

charge HR

current IOS as just updated

Three

i seem to have a problem every time Apple updates !! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I just did the same to mine and is worked. Did not take long to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When did you first see this error message? As soon as I tried to update my tracker on 10/17/17
What device model do you have? Fitbit Charge
What iOS version are you currently running? 11.0.3
What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Sprint

Best Answer
0 Votes
Absolutely right...just silence from Fitbit. Would be nice to have at least a progress report.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I received the error on Tuesday, 10/17 while I was attempting to update.  I have an iPhone 6S v 11.0.3 and use AT&T.  My fitbit charge HR is currently half updated and is stuck with the bar in the middle.  I've tried resetting by holding the button down for 10 to 12 seconds but it does nothing.  I've tried turning off Bluetooth and turning back on, again nothing happens.  I just tried disconnecting my fitbit from my phone and now it won't even reconnect.  Very disappointed since I've only had this fitbit since last Christmas.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I would suggest to contact Fitbit customer support so they can check your account looks like the troubleshooting aren't working. Maybe they'll be able to offer other workaround 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes