Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

1. When did you first see this error message? 10/19/17 @ 9:30 am CST
2. What device model do you have? iPhone 6s+, FitBit Charge HR
3. What iOS version are you currently running? 11.0.3
4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

Tried the temporary reset instructions and the app and Charge HR will find each other but cannot connect. Not having any success with a factory reset. Still have a "half charged bar" showing on the Charge HR.

***Followed Silver Pops steps and problem solved!

Best Answer
Is the FitBit company actually responding to all the other people experiencing the same problem as me? I seem to be receiving notifications from other Forum members as if I can advise them how to get their Fitbits working again.
Please FitBit sort this problem out!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. same error message. Has this been resolved yet?

Best Answer

Have they corrected this? stopped midway through updating. so aggravating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit is still stuck midway through the update. It’s so annoying..

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Charge HR which would not sync. It wanted me to update tracker which I started but then the actual Fitbit screen froze on a loading icon and the above msg was shown. In answer to your question:-

1) yesterday 18 Oct 

2) Charge HR

3) iOS 11.0.3

4) o2 

A resolution would be much appreciated. 

Best Answer
I don’t understand why I’m getting messages from people thinking I have the solution to their problem. I sent the same message via the FitBit Forum to say that I had received the FBBluetooth error when I tried to update my Charge HR.
Please note I am NOT FitBit or have anything to do with their technical side I am just a consumer who is getting increasingly angry and frustrated !!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
iOS 11.0.3
iPhone 7+
Verizon
Started 11/18 that I noticed.
--
If you come home clean, you didn't have fun! 😜
Best Answer
0 Votes
me too.

Rick
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Joy56  You can "opt" out of e-mail notification by going to to your settings.

It all depends on if anyone has just clicked reply to your message rather than the first post of this thread on the community.

Fit bit support won't tell you that tho as they are in free fall over the problem with this error18 issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.

Rick Houze
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh, well thanks for your friendly reply to an obviously genuine mistake 🙂 have a really great evening! 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze came up with the same problem as I posted earlier. 

It it is important to follow what @Goldfish59 has written. 

Bear in mind FB are blaming an IOS update I hadn't updated mine so it's not that. I see others in android are having a similar problem as well. 

I followed this and it worked perfectly. 

When trying to up date software 

Before you do anything, follow the list below.  

1.Check Bluetooth devices. 

2.if your device is listed click "forget" the device. 

3.Switch off Bluetooth immediately. 

4. Shut the phone down

5.reset your Fitbit device (search on community if you don't know how to do it)

6.restart your phone

7. Switch Bluetooth back on (don't wait for it to connect to your device)

8.start the Fitbit app 

9.install software update 

You may find that it asks for pairing the device. Accept and progress though. 

Now I am not a Fitbit support adviser so please don't send me questions.

I'm trying to help out with what worked for me. It might not work for your device. This was the Blaze. But I'm sure it's worth trying as I can see so many are frustrated with this problem. 

Now do I update my IOS ?  I don't think so yet 🙂

Best Answer

THANK-YOU @SilverPops!!!! My Fitbit is now working after following your instructions Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much for your help 🙂 I will try that!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much SilverPops and Goldfish59. I followed your instructions and now have a fully functioning FitBit Charge HR. I hope you get your devices up and running again.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have charge with the most recent iPhone ISO 11.0.3 being having the issue for two days 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only bought my Charge 2 in September 2017 and the error started after I upgraded to ios 11.0.3

Carrier is O2 - UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am receiving an error message that my Charge 2 is not syncing because Bluetooth is off. But, Bluetooth is on on my phone. My Fitbit is not synchronized with my iPhone 7+. Version 11.0.3

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Charge 2 was repeating the error 18 message with ios 11.0.3 so I
followed the fitbit recommendation to restart my phone. After doing this
the app updated without issue and all links to my device work fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes