Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set location to allow always

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Set location to allow always

I keep getting an alert notification on my iPhone from Fitbit saying to turn on my location services to allow for tracking always. This is not what I want I only want to track during the time of my workouts. How do I get this to stop?

I have always had my location on during workouts. I have made no changes… So I wanna understand why I am now getting these alerts.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @CeCeLN, welcome to the Community Forums!

I appreciate all the information that was shared in your post. Just to be clear, do you receive the location services notification even though the location service on your iOS mobile device is on? Is your Fitbit app and iOS versions up to date? When was the first time you experienced this and how often you receive the notification? 

Looking forward to your reply, let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

See answers below:

Just to be clear, do you receive the location services notification even
though the location service on your iOS mobile device is on? - I have my
location on when I am using Fitbit (not set as always on)

Is your Fitbit app and iOS versions up to date? yes

When was the first time you experienced this and how often you receive the
notification? It started happening yesterday during my morning walk.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you disable the reminder?  There is no option for that in the mobile or thick client application.

I will not turn on location services always.

I do not want the continued reminder every time I open the app on iOS. In addition, I am now getting them as alert banners on my lock screen in the last few days. 

I have chosen not to share all that personal location data with Google now that FitBit has been purchased. I am a FitBit owner almost since the v1 device, but Apple Watch is looking like the next choice should these privacy issues not be resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have been complaining about this for 2+ years in this thread: 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Turn-off-Enable-location-services-prompt/m-p/4849381#M150413

Best Answer
0 Votes