Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages on Today screen don't match with breakdown

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey,

So when I look at my sleep for the night before in the today dashboard in the app, the stages will read differently then when I click into the sleepy tab and clock on deep and rem so I can see the sleep graph and my 30 day averages.

Ex:

TODAY TAB

Awake: 1h 19m (16%)

REM: 56m (12%)

Light: 4h 40m (57%)

Deep: 1h 13m (15%)

Sleep Dashboard:

Awake: 58m (12%)

REM: 59m (12%)

Light: 4h 58m (61%)

Deep: 1h 13 (15%)

this just started happening in the past week and can some times be way different.

any ideas how to fix this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
58 REPLIES 58

Hello @RuthlessMcCoy and welcome to the Community.  There is a new app bug affecting the data.  Fitbit is aware.  The fix will come in an app update.  Community Council members aren't employees, so I don't have any additional information.  Just be patient.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • The total sleep time my Fitbit said I slept never adds up to the total of my REM, light, and deep sleep. For example, last night it said my total sleep time was 8 hours and 7 minutes. Then it says I had 1 hour and 9 minutes of REM sleep, 6 hours and 31 min light sleep, and 46 min of deep sleep. This adds up to 8 hours and 36 minutes of sleep. Why would there be this difference? This happens every night. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

There's already an active thread about this with responses as recent as today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I found the thread.

I got a charge 5 a week ago and am having similar issues. The total sleep time my Fitbit said I slept never adds up to the total of my REM, light, and deep sleep. For example, last night it said my total sleep time was 8 hours and 7 minutes. Then it says I had 1 hour and 9 minutes of REM sleep, 6 hours and 31 min light sleep, and 46 min of deep sleep. This adds up to 8 hours and 36 minutes of sleep. This happens every night. I have the most recent update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You feel our pain. The community is brought the subject up in many threads and the moderators have not been able to give us an answer as to when it will be corrected. We have been told that the software developers are working on a fix.

Sent from my iPhone just remember it is not you and do not try to figure it out because it will only drive you crazy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with mine. How do we fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

, There are multiple threads out there related to sleep time. And the answer in all of them is basically the same Fitbit moderators that stated that the developers are working on a fix. There is no timeframe given as to when we can expect a fix for this issue. The problem has been going on for at least the past three updates as best I can figure.

now you know everything you need to know about the sleep situation and when it might be resolved. Searches of other threads may be helpful and understanding the frustration of the community and the attempts they are making based on 50 suggestions as to what might correct the issue in their particular case. To the best of my knowledge none of the Fitbit suggestions have been successful

Best Answer

A couple of weeks ago I noticed inconsistencies in my sleep calculations. On the initial screen the numbers add up correctly. If I went to sleep at 10:00 and woke up at 6:00, with 30 minutes awake, that screen says 7hr 30min. But when I drill into the Sleep screen the specific numbers are different. My awake and deep sleep number of minutes are different than they were on the initial screen. These numbers don’t add up correctly. Does anyone know why the app shows different numbers for the same night? This happens everyday and was never an issue until a couple of weeks ago. 

Best Answer

If you go to

today tab, select a day, time asleep section

it shows something different for time awake in the sleep stages graph

using iphone xr

-------------

Not sure if problem with phone app or fitbit or both

Best Answer

Hello @JerseyMikeA and welcome to the Community.  Other users are reporting the same issue and Fitbit seems to be aware of it.  I see this on my iPhone app.  Are you an iPhone or Android user?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m an iPhone user. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are not alone. There are multiple members of the community that have started threads related to this issue. If that moderators and community advocates have been unable to answer or offer solutions. Fitbit Customer Service has offered a number of suggestions to help people get their screens reset and I have not heard of any that have been successful. The application home screen and the database arbor virtually identical. However if you click on the sleep button you will notice that they differ.

this problem started at least a couple of updates ago and I hope it’s some point it is resolved. I have dictated this so take that into consideration when you look at spelling of words. I am a blind user and I’ve never seen the screens and I’m reporting what has been mentioned in multiple threads as far as the difference between the application and database screens. I hope this has been helpful

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are a few threads in the iOS section about this as well.  You’re not alone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue on my Luxe - customer service has no answer. Happening on my sons device too. Both iOS users. 

Thanks Jay!

Best Answer

Same with me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A lot of people have posted today about having the same issue on Reddit. I’ve got an Apple phone and have the same issue  but I can’t work out why or how to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ugh I have the same thing and it annoys me so much! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah this problem has been going on since August now. I was going to buy an Inspire 3 as soon as it launched but I’ve held off.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue as well and am working with support. Not sure if this is an hardware issue or something with iOS. Is anyone on android having this issue?

------------

Want to add more visibility to this issue so the mods investigate.

Best Answer

Want to add more visibility to this issue so the mods investigate.

Best Answer
0 Votes