Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stationary bike activities don't show up in Exercise tile.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi:

i just joined Fitbit and noticed that the 30 minute stationary bike ride I did on Sunday did not show up in exercise. Isn’t exercise supposed to autotrack activity?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Vicvande! Something like stationary bike will not show up as exercise automatically, since it doesn't involve movement, just exertion. If you want it tracked as an activity, you will need to start the activity manually.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi:

i just joined Fitbit and noticed that the 30 minute stationary bike ride I did on Sunday did not show up in exercise. Isn’t exercise supposed to autotrack activity?

I downloaded the app to my iPhone 8.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Stationary bike is not one of the exercises auto-recognized.  To see which are, from phone app, tap days of exercise tile, then the gear icon near top right.  That will show the auto-recognized exercises and the minimum time needed for that to count as an exercise session.

If I knew which tracker you are using, I might be able to give you a better way to track it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Vicvande! Something like stationary bike will not show up as exercise automatically, since it doesn't involve movement, just exertion. If you want it tracked as an activity, you will need to start the activity manually.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi:

I am using a fitbit Alta HR. Can you add back stationary bike as an
exercise? A lot of the people in the IOS app community are wondering why
you removed it. You used to have it.

Thanks,

Victoria
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi:

I have a fitbit alta  HR.  A lot of people in the IOS community said they used to have the stationary bike and they are wondering why it was removed

Thanks,

Victoria

Best Answer
0 Votes

MakMak:

Okay thanks. Would you mind telling me how to do that?

Victoria

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vicvande  I looked at your other posts and I see that you use an Alta HR.  The Alta HR doesn't have an Exercise app, so you need to log it manually in the app.  But first, I have to add a disclaimer -- I do not own an Alta HR, all of my trackers have the Exercise app.  But this is how you log an exercise in the app.  From the app dashboard, tap on the Exercise tile, then the stopwatch.  Toggle the switch to Log.  Here is the (aha!) piece of information you need.  Log it a Spinning.  You can set your start/stop/duration there.

I hope this helps.  The only thing I am concerned about is the calorie burn you will get when you are done.  Some activities seem to use a mysterious average calorie burn.  Hour Alta HR is supposed to give heart rate based calorie burn.  But try this and let us know how things go.  We might have some more advice to help you get the most from your Alta HR.

Here is a link to a Help article that you will find useful.  Again, the Alta HR does not have an Exercise App, but it will help you manage your automatically tracked exercises.

I also noticed that you are very new to Fitbit.  Fitbit just released the successor to the Alta HR -- the Inspire HR.  It does all the things that the Alta HR does, but has the Exercise App that you can customize.  If you bought your Alta HR from Fitbit, you are in the no questions asked return period.  If you bought it somewhere else, you might want to check out that store's return policy.  You might like the Inspire HR more.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi:

I will try this although I am surprised because it says it auto recognizes certain activities.

Thanks,

Victoria
Best Answer
0 Votes
It does auto recognize things that require you moving, like walking, running, and sports, but something like stationary biking, where the only thing your tracker can see is your elevated heart rate, is difficult.

Best Answer