Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step count differs between Fitbit iPad and iphone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why am I getting a different step count on my iPhone than what is showing on my Fitbit Alta.  The count on my iPad matches my Fitbit Alta. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like your Alta has not synced to your iPhone.

If you have notifications turned on, and are seeing your current heart rate on your app, that means that your Alta is "paired" with one of your devices (sounds like it is paired with your iPad, if it is giving you the most up to date information).  Although they can sync to multiple devices, Fitbits can only be "paired" with one device at a time.  Pairing allows you to see your current heartrate on the app and to receive notifications of calls, texts, calendar alerts, etc.

In that case you will need to turn Bluetooth OFF on your iPad in order to make the Alta sync to the iPhone.  Once it has synced you can turn BT back on on your iPad if you want.

If you would like it to sync mainly with the phone, then you must go to your Bluetooth settings on the iPad and chiose "forget this device" for the Alta.  In that case you can pair it with your phone instead.

I hope this makes sense!  Welcome to the forums.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It sounds like your Alta has not synced to your iPhone.

If you have notifications turned on, and are seeing your current heart rate on your app, that means that your Alta is "paired" with one of your devices (sounds like it is paired with your iPad, if it is giving you the most up to date information).  Although they can sync to multiple devices, Fitbits can only be "paired" with one device at a time.  Pairing allows you to see your current heartrate on the app and to receive notifications of calls, texts, calendar alerts, etc.

In that case you will need to turn Bluetooth OFF on your iPad in order to make the Alta sync to the iPhone.  Once it has synced you can turn BT back on on your iPad if you want.

If you would like it to sync mainly with the phone, then you must go to your Bluetooth settings on the iPad and chiose "forget this device" for the Alta.  In that case you can pair it with your phone instead.

I hope this makes sense!  Welcome to the forums.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well that’s just stupid. So I will just use my iPad then. Thought getting an iPhone by apple and an iPad by apple and a Fitbit by apple they would all work together...come on apple, get with it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, didn’t mean to accept the answer as a solution to my issue.  And BTW, Alta does not measure my heart rate.  That would have to be an Alta HR.  I have an Alta as noted in my question posed to you.  

Best Answer
0 Votes