Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not matching challenge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit step count doesn't match my step count in a workweek challenge. How to fix?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It's nice to see our Community is growing @JosephjwoodleyWoman HappyPlease know there are some possible reasons for this to happen as the following:

1. Steps fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. 
2. You're manually logging steps. 
3. You're using MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. 
4. You're in a different timezone than the challenge owner. 

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Man Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accepted the challenge while in a different time zone (13 hrs) but was in the same time zone by the time the challenge started. I do have issues with my Fitbit step count when I returned from Japan on Sunday. 

Moderator Edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Josephjwoodley The time zone difference is definitely the reason why you are seeing a step discrepancy between your dashboard and Challenge.

Challenges begin and end in the Challenge creator's timezone, which means the number of steps on your dashboard may be different from the number shown in the Challenge. Click here for more details.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
But i was back in the same time zone before the challenge actually started, Mon at 0:00. Correct steps show on my actual Fitbit days but not within the challenge. Can I re-sync my steps for challenge? Joseph Woodley - Using Hop Email Messenger
Best Answer
0 Votes