Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..."

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my replacement Fitbit One and I'm using the IOS app to update my account. The iPhone was able to locate my tracker but my screen is stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..." - the spinning wheel just keeps spinning.  I've tried closing the app and relaunching it but to no avail.  Any suggestions???

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

Hello @ericalovepink, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with me and let me know your Fitbit device started working correctly, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have read all of the advice that you have given and tried it. Still stuck at "Connecting to Tracker." This looks like a mal-function in the Ionic to me. It has worked beautifully for 5 months and just stopped. Any other ideas, besides the ones that you have already given?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything you have suggested and nothing is working. I am so frustrated every time there is an update this happens. I am sorry I wasted my money on this Ionic. I had the Alta,Charge HR and the Blaze never a problem I bought the Ionic for Christmas and it been the biggest pain since I have it please. Help.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Jacky L at Fitbit support solved my problem. I think a key issue was to shut down my computer to close out Fitbit communication to my Ionic. Thanks again to Jacky L in customer support. Don’t give up, Fitbit fanatics, a solution is possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Scepticos and @Antgoofy, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@Scepticos, I appreciate you have taken the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad our Support Team was able to help you resolve it.

@Antgoofy, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced due to this situation and I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. As @Scepticos mentioned, it's possible some other Bluetooth device is interfering when trying to set up your Fitbit Ionic. I would like to suggest you to turn off all Bluetooth devices around before trying to set up your watch. Then, try the following steps in order:

1. Restart your Ionic by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. 
  2. Plug in your Ionic and make sure it's charging. 
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  6. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  7. If the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  8. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a couple times and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Simple and effective! Worked for me. 

Best Answer
I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing is working I am so mad I paid all this money for it to lay on my dresser

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TazJohnnyWalker, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board. Thanks for taking the time to reply @Antgoofy, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@TazJohnnyWalker, I appreciate your participation in the forums and I would like to thank you for letting us know your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@Antgoofy, thanks for letting me know you have already tried the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. I was able to check with our Support Team and it seems you have already a case created. I made sure to update your case and our team should contact you very soon to provide you more options. 

I hope this can be helpful, feel free to reply in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh man, so I was reading something about one of the other fitbits needing to be restarted. I tried EVERYTHING. Uninstalling the app, restarting the app, restarting the phone, removing the Bluetooth, turning the Bluetooth off and on, NOTHING. I then read a bit about a different fitbit needing restarted and though "what the heck might as well try that" Googled how to restart the fitbit Charge HR. Just hold down the button about 12 seconds till it powers off. Give it a minute then hold it down till it connects again. BOOM now it works. I knew something was weird. The time was off, it wouldn't connect to the tracker and before it would take forever to sync and it didn't look like it would. Apparently just needed the ol' turn it off and back on again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Krow_Kuhkaw, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience and for letting me know that after restart your Charge HR your issue has been resolved and your tracker is now syncing, I'm very glad! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me, thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @eftb18, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue assisting your. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I’m back to the problem.  I’ve tried to update my tracker with no success, since it will not connect.  I will really appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bponte, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know you have already tried to updated your Ionic. At this moment I would like to suggest you the following:

Before you begin the firmware update, make sure your watch is plugged into the charger and in range of your Wi-Fi network during the update. For best results, use your home or work Wi-Fi network. If you've never connected your watch to WiFi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?. If your Versa is having trouble updating with WiFi, please try the following:

1. Make sure your watch is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use. 
  2. Move your watch closer to your router.
  3. Make sure your router is connected to the internet. 
  4. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  5. Try again to update your watch.

If the update fails, restart your mobile device and try to update again. If your Ionic can't update over WiFi follow the on-screen instructions in the Fitbit app to update your watch over Bluetooth instead. Note that firmware updates over Bluetooth may take significantly longer to complete. If the Ionic is having trouble updating through Bluetooth try the following:

1. Try turning Bluetooth on and off on your phone.
  2. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  3. Try again to update your watch.
  4. Restart your mobile device and try to update again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have TRIED EVERYTHING that was suggested it is stuck with the blue diamond it will not go past that. I’m convinced it’s the Ionic because I tried my daughter’s Blaze and it hooked right up to my phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Antgoofy, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my Versa. It has worked fine for about 4 Months. Yesterday it stopped syncing with my iPhone 6s After a very frustrating evening where I even updated to the latest version of iOS and followed all the advice on this forum, my Versa is still not paired. I can confirm that in the iPhone Bluetooth screen, the Versa is seen as Connected, this fits in with the "Found it" message at the top of the Fitbit App screen - however the "connect to Tracker" message is displayed with the wheel of despair turning.. I also confirm I have tried restarting the watch several times, switching Bluetooth on and off, restarting my phone and finally I left the phone and watch (in it's cradle) all night - thinking I was being impatient. Any ideas?

Best Answer

My tracker was having the same problem. I have an old Charge HR from my dad. I finally got it to work by doing a factory reset based on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBa2K0h5keE

The Fitbit article on doing a factory reset didn't work until I followed the video. Then I set it up like usual through the iphone app. Works.

Best Answer

Hello @EdinburghMike and @madelynearl, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! 

@EdinburghMike, I appreciate you have reported this issue with me and let me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. As @madelynearl mentioned, you can perform a factory reset on your device. Please note that she posted a video to perform a factory reset on a Charge HR. 

Now, to perform a factory reset on your Versa:

1. Tap on the Settings app on your Versa.
  2. Scroll down and tap on About
  3. Scroll down and tap on Factory Reset. 

Keep in mind that when performing a factory reset, all the information recorded by your Versa that hasn't been synced to the app will be deleted. If your Versa is still not setting up after performing this process, please let me know so I can check this further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
Thanks, this worked. Much appreciated.
Best Answer
0 Votes