Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..."

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my replacement Fitbit One and I'm using the IOS app to update my account. The iPhone was able to locate my tracker but my screen is stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..." - the spinning wheel just keeps spinning.  I've tried closing the app and relaunching it but to no avail.  Any suggestions???

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

Hello @EdinburghMike, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as these folks and I just got my replacement Charge 2, today.

I've restarted the phone, app, fitbit, bluetooth and tried all the other steps multiple times. I even just updated the app to the latest version, but it seems to be stuck on the "Pairing" part, after you enter in the 4-Digit Code to connect it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CMJ23, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I'd also like to thank you for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far in hopes to resolve this issue. At ;this moment I would like to ask you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device, the restart your phone and try to set up the replacement Charge 2 again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Marco! Thank you for your response.

I have tried this quite a few times to no avail - I even completely uninstalled the App, cleared any local cache/data and tried reinstalling. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to pair my replacement Charge 2 to my phone. Since this was shipped to me as a replacement for my old device, how should I proceed?

Best Answer

I would also like to know where to go from here. The issues with my 2 replacements are still present and irritating, after having done all the troubleshooting. I have 3 trackers in my possession and am unable to use a single one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit is stuck at connecting to tracker

Best Answer

Hello @CMJ23, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to see you too @Nikkiash456, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided so far. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further:

1. iPhone model you're using.
  2. OS version currently running on your phone.
  3. App version installed on your phone.
  4. Fitbit model you're having trouble with.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer

Hi Marco! I'm actually using an Android - Samsung Galaxy S5.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CMJ23, I hope you're doing well, thanks for coming back and letting me know you're currently using an Android phone. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums but please note that this board is exclusively to iOS devices. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to check this thread in the Android boards, where @LanuzaFitbit has already provided some insight about this situation. In the Android boards you will also be able to find more relevant information for your issue. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if you need further assistance I encourage you to post in the Android boards so we can keep our Forums organized. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

I have a Versa

App version 2.79

I am using an iPhone 8 Plus, and have just updated to the iOS 12

I am currently updating my Versa, however, it is not connecting to the app. It says “lost connection” constantly. This is what happened before. I had done all of the updates, FINALLY was able to update the versa. Thought I could go on my merry way and then it would not sync. 

Best Answer

Hello @Nikkiash456, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer

I’m getting annoyed at Fitbit.  It seems like I’m trying to connect my versa every month. It takes forever and the screen keeps saying connecting to tracker. I’ve deleted the app, reset bothe phone and tracker, reinstalled the app and it still won’t connect. I’m using iPhone 8+ iOS 12 and most recent version of the app. Please help or I’m going to another company. 

Best Answer

I'm getting the

Error, The operation couldn't be completed. (com.fitbit.HTTP error 500.)

that is via the iPhone and Nokia 7+

wifi and 4g

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Fotoman0312, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @chrisl1628, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Fotoman0312, I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve your issue. Please note that if your Versa is not syncing there are some troubleshooting steps you can try before removing the watch from your account and setting it up again:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

@chrisl1628, tell me, are you trying to set up or update your device when you come across this error message? Is your device brand new or are you trying to set it up on a different account? If the device was paired to another account before, did that account get deleted recently? This information will be very helpful for me to check this further and determine what we should do next.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco,

After a lot of head scratching and reading through the forum and web.

the Fitbit Charge 2 was passed onto my dad to use, but he didn’t like it, however it was never removed from his account when his account was deleted.

I undeleted his account and found it still on there, I then deleted it from the account, after that it is now working fine

not sure if it will be the same for all,  but I suspect that those getting the error are second hand fitbits and that they are still attached to the original owner’s account

or if they deleted the original account and created a new account, they forgot to delete the Fitbit from the first account 

i think when someone deletes their account, it should automatically remove/delete any fitbits attached to the account, by doing so, I suspect it would reduce these posts a lot

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @chrisl1628, I hope you're doing well, thanks for coming back and let me know the Charge 2 was linked to an account that was recently deleted and after recovering the account and remove the tracker from said account you were able to set it up. I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I'll make sure to pass along your suggestions to them. At this moment, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply and in case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure that there is not another phone around with Bluetooth enabled. This fixed mine!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tlst, thanks for joining us, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know the troubleshooting steps you've followed in order to resolve this issue, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem here. I used to have the V10, and it only happened once. I now have the LG G6 and this is the second time its happened. I tried EVERYTHING to get it to sync. But obviously, after removing the fitbit off the device, I now can't pair it. Its stuck at the "Enter the number on your tracker's display." I enter it in, and nothing for about 20 mins. Then it tell me there was a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes