Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..."

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my replacement Fitbit One and I'm using the IOS app to update my account. The iPhone was able to locate my tracker but my screen is stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..." - the spinning wheel just keeps spinning.  I've tried closing the app and relaunching it but to no avail.  Any suggestions???

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

Hello @Oytamoytam, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums. It seems you have already tried the troubleshooting steps on this thread without success, which is why I would like to gather some information from you so we can check this further, please reply with as much information as you can:

1. iPhone model you're using.
  2. OS running on your phone.
  3. App version installed (go to Account > Help to get it)
  4. Device you're using.
  5. Device's version (go to Account > Your Tracker to get it)
  6. Exact list of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

got a fitbit taking forever to sync just got the fitbit 3. unistalled the app and turned off bluetooth. put it back on the the pair tracker still taking a while?

Best Answer
0 Votes

how did u?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Cpuffer93, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let us know the situation you're going through, thanks for letting us know about the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to try the following steps in order:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your Charge 3, then leave it plugged in and charging. 
  3. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  4. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  6. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Charge 3 again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went crazy with the exact same problem ! 

The trick is  when you get to the point where it says connecting to tracker reset the watch !! In another words power it off and back on by holding the two buttons on the side , left and upper right one !! and then it will bring up a code on the watch ,  as well as on your phone where you enter it ! 

From there it should be very quick  

Hope this helps everybody 

Best Answer

Hello @Alfacenter thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share the troubleshooting steps you've tried in order to solve this issue on your side, I'm sure they will be very helpful for other members of the Community facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, most of the respondents here, includiing me, got stuck in the pairing process after entering the 4 digits. However, I still tried your solution as well as others. 

For those facing the same problem, I found a solution recently from @jdgmgz in this forum. I didn't try this one myself, since it would clear all the historical data of the user account. But another user successfully solve this problem by clearing data accoding to the replies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have a Flex2 like I do, you need to place the fitbit into the charging station plugged into the wall and press the back button "3" times within 5 seconds.....This will help it along.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had your problem what I did was went into settings>bluetooth click the device click forget device the pair it

Best Answer
0 Votes

go to bluetooth and click forget device then connect again

Best Answer

Thanks!  Forgetting the Device on Bluetooth worked for my Iphone 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

That helped immensely.  Thanks for that info.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this worked for me thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

My fitbit charge 3 stopped synching with app 3 days ago... I forgot the device on bluetooth setting as I've seen suggested here and I'm now trying to reconnect to the app but it keeps getting stuck on connecting to tracker (it's found it but it doesn't connect). 

Can someone help please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issue and have been frustrated because my watch went so dead that the phone was off by about four hours.  At the recommendation of one of the other people commenting, I deleted the watch from the list of devices in the Fitbit App on my phone, then had my iPhone "re-find" it.  That worked; I got past the "connecting to tracker" issue and am now linked up again.  Thanks to whoever it was who recommended it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's an old thread but since some users may still seek the answer here is what helped me:

1. Make sure that you delete old unused fitbit devices from your phone's bluetooth list.

2. Try to connect from the beginning.

In my case I had two ACE2 connected and had to remove both and only then I was able to re-configure both.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your answer.
I ended up finding that and solved it. Have a great day.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Silvia, l am also having the same issue.  I decided to try to do a reset after my Fitbit stopped connecting with the program via Bluetooth for the second time. I’ve been unable to pair for a month now. I’ve only had my HR since last Semptember. 
PS... after 10 minute of being unable to get the tracker to connect, l quit. 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s exactly what’s happening with me Wendy, I’ve tried everything but nothing seems to work. I guess it’s some connecting issues between Fitbit and IOS, hopefully they’ll fix it soon.
Best Answer

I solved my "connecting to tracker" problem right away when I went to my bluetooth settings and clicked forget this device for my fitbit ionic! it  re-found it and gave me a code right away. Hope this helps!

Best Answer