Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..."

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my replacement Fitbit One and I'm using the IOS app to update my account. The iPhone was able to locate my tracker but my screen is stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..." - the spinning wheel just keeps spinning.  I've tried closing the app and relaunching it but to no avail.  Any suggestions???

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

Hello all, thank you for your participation in the forums and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing connecting your devices.  

I appreciate the time that each of you took to share the details of the issue, the troubleshooting done and your experience. Thank you for the efforts to resolve this, sharing the solutions and tips to help other users. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. 

I recommend trying the following if you continue experiencing difficulty with syncing your devices:

1. Go into your phone's Bluetooth menu.
  2. Tap on the icon next to your Fitbit device.
  3. Press Forget this device.
  4. Re-open the Fitbit app and re-bond your device.

For complete troubleshooting instructions see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If someone is having difficulty pairing the device to the Fitbit account, please try the troubleshooting instructions from this help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks so much it worked!

Best Answer

Thank you!  That worked like a charm!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @HNel @Ronda41051

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing that the steps provided in this thread helped you resolve the issue. I appreciate your time and feedback and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m not able to get notifications.  Help please!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This work Ed for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these worked for me. I have been trying for two days on my iphone and iPad and I even chatted with Fitbit support for 30 minutes and no luck. I have done all the steps multiple times and my Fitbit still won't sync. The lack of syncing is causing my time to be wrong by 45 minutes. I am so frustrated that now I am looking at the Garmin and other trackers.

Best Answer

I’m sorry to hear that. I eventually gave up and didn’t use it for a month or so. Then I tried to charge it again and it miraculously started working again... has been couple of months so far! 🙂 maybe it needed a rest...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing here... mine hasn’t worked for over a month. Very frustrating!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see you here in the forums and welcome to our new members.

Just a small reminder, in order to keep the Community organized and to avoid misunderstandings, please make sure to post on the thread dedicated to the specific situation. Should you have syncing issues please keep posting here and if you have a different question, please verify the dedicated thread or make a new one, so you can receive a response from the Community.

@Pamgee and @Oytamoytam, thanks for the update and I'm glad that your Fitbit devices are syncing correctly.

@Msrettaj and @inesmd, thanks for the time taken to troubleshoot your Fitbit devices to get them syncing. I see where you're coming from and I'm sorry that you're having this experience. Let me continue helping you with this situation. Before anything else let me share that our team recently released a new version for the Fitbit app, so make sure it's downloaded. Once that is done, please try the following steps one more time in the given order:

1. Go to your phone's Bluetooth settings, tap on the icon next to your Fitbit device and tap on Forget this device.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth from other phones, tablets or computers nearby. This is to prevent your Fitbit device from trying to connect to those devices.
  3. Open the Fitbit app in your phone and tap on your profile device.
  4. Tap on Set Up a Device, choose your Fitbit device and follow the onscreen instructions.
  5. A Bluetooth pair authorization should appear, tap pair. This will re-establish the Bluetooth connection between your Fitbit device and the Fitbit app.

@HNel, since your Fitbit isn't receiving notifications, please take a look to this help article and give a try to the troubleshooting steps described there.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the only solution that worked for me, powering the fitbit Off and then on again.

I tried uninstalling the app, reconnecting the bluetooth, to no avail.

The power off and on again did the trick!!!

Thanks for the solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi LizzyFitbit,

I appreciate your response and your suggestions. I have tried everything
you mentioned on my iPhone and my iPad one at a time. I even spent 30
minutes chatting with something through the fitbit chat to walk me through
the steps again. Overall I went through the process four times on each
device and I still have not been successful. Recently I synced on a
Wednesday and then I was not able to get it to sync again until Sunday
night. The lack of syncing also affects the time. My fitbit is more than an
hour wrong so I am going to give it a rest for about two weeks and refer to
another app to help me track my activity. If I don't see results then I
will have to get another fitness tracker that will probably not be a
fitbit. I have had three fitbits and I have never had this much trouble. It
is so hard to determine if it is the fitbit or the iOS software and I can't
seem to get a straight answer about that. Either way I am running out of
patience and will be ready to move on very soon if things don't change.
Best Answer

Hi @Gbabe, welcome on board. @Msrettaj, it's great to see you again.

@Gbabe, I'm glad that your Fitbit is syncing correctly and thanks for haring the steps that worked for you. I'm sure others will find your post very helpful.

@Msrettaj, you're welcome and thanks to you for your efforts while working on this situation. I understand how you're feeling about your Fitbit not being able to sync. Every feedback posted in the forums is never taken for granted as it helps us to improve our products, services and overall environment, and your comments won't be the exception. If your Fitbit is still unable to sync with either your iPhone or iPad after giving it a rest for a few days and keeping the Fitbit app updated, please let me know so I can further investigate on my end.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had done a factory reset and was trying to reconnect my Versa and start over on the setup. I had to FORGET THIS DEVICE in my bluetooth settings to get past the "Connecting to Tracker" screen. Hope this helps someone!
Best Answer

Hi @lnanth67. A warm welcome to the forums!

Thanks for stopping by to share the steps that worked to get your Versa reconnected to your iPhone. You did an awesome job and I'm sure your post will helped other members experiencing this issue. If you have time, check our Health & Wellness board where you can make friends and find great tips to achieve your fitness goals. If there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Hope to see you around more often! 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the exact same problem. I bought my charge 4 about a month ago and it worked fine for three weeks but this last week it’s terrible! Stops syncing and cant connect to tracker. Im spending far too much time daily (Hours) trying to synce this fitbit. Im so upset and frustrated as I loved my old fitbit but im seriously considering forgetting about this one and going for something different...not a fitbit 😞 I need something reliable to track my fitness. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After more than a month and several attempts I was finally able to revive my Fitbit this week. I have had three Fitbits, one was a replacement because it was damaged, the second was an upgrade. which I have had for almost 3 years, so to have unknown syncing problems with this third Fitbit charge 3 after only 6 months is enough for me. I am still very annoyed that this happened and this holiday season I will be looking for another fitness tracker which will not be a Fitbit.

Best Answer

It really is annoying. I hope you get sorted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

this worked for me! thank you 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes