Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Fitbit with app on iPad when switching to Google

ANSWERED

If I use a Fitbit ZIP only for tracking steps and mileage and already use my Google login as the Fitbit login is there any advantage to making the switch to a Google account? What, if anything, would change my usage of the app on an iOS device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RTYWalker21   I personally don't see any reason for you to migrate to a Google account until you are forced to make a decision.  Fitbit/Google announced that the older device forums are becoming read only at the end of April.  I'm not an employee, so I don't know if there are further plans for these older devices.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @RTYWalker21. Welcome to the community forums.

Thank you for sharing the inquiry regarding your ZIP.

I'd recommend you take a look at this help article: What should I know about moving Fitbit to my Google Account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like a lot of people have experienced syncing problems after switching to a google account. I choose to maintain my status quo until it is no longer supported. This is my second "issue" with Google in three days. Not a happy user.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RTYWalker21   I personally don't see any reason for you to migrate to a Google account until you are forced to make a decision.  Fitbit/Google announced that the older device forums are becoming read only at the end of April.  I'm not an employee, so I don't know if there are further plans for these older devices.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes