Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app showing incorrect information.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I submitted an email to Fitbit, but at still awaiting a reply. So I thought I would try the forum instead. 

For the past two weeks, my Fitbit app has consistently reported incorrect information. For example, it says everyday, I've walked 2 hours of the 12, when in reality it's simply stuck on today's data and shows it for every day. It does the same with my sleep. I've also been noticing it will report incorrect steps. For example, yesterday I knew I had well over 10,000 steps. It listed 10,600, but I synced the app again and it gave me a different number (still wrong) and tried once again and got a 3rd incorrect number. 

I've reset my Fitbit, I've double checked my phone and app are updated. Still no improvement. I'm using my Fitbit to train for a marathon. I need to be getting accurate data and am feeling discouraged by my Flex. I have had a good experience with Fitbit until now. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @Meeta1023, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If the Fitbit app seems to be displaying incorrect information, please go to your online Dashboard and check if your sleep, hourly activity and steps are getting recorded correctly. Sometimes it's possible the Fitbit app does not update correctly with the information stored in our servers in which case I would like to suggest the following:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app. If this does not seem to work, please:
  • Log out from the Fitbit app, restart your phone and log back in.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did all of this with someone from Fitbit and it did not work. I tried again, but nothing changed. In fact now it's showing 0 for a lot of things.

-Ameeta
Best Answer

Hello @Meeta1023, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

If you're still able to see 0 in the Fitbit app, I would like to suggest you to set up your Flex as a new device to reset the connection between your phone and your tracker:

• Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  • When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

In case this doesn't resolve the issue, please reply to me with a screenshot of your Dashboard so I can check this further. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Melsidea, thanks for joining us, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having shared your experience with us. Would it be possible for you to let me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? This will be very helpful for me to check this situation further and determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Have deleted app and restarted. Have disconnected device and reconnected 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have honestly stopped wearing my Fitbit. It wasn’t worth dealing with the repeated frustrations. It was constantly inaccurate or not loading properly. Shouldn’t be this hard.
Best Answer

I am having thrvsame issues on Versa 4. The readiness score os bery suspect plus breath rate. Appear to be all over the place. You have to practically restart device each morning no get an update. Not sure what is going on but it not fixed shortly will have to move on from Fit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an old message but I am having this problem too. 

My Fitbit shows highs of 147bpms during exercise but it only records in the app as 141. 

The app also went through a period of failing to register the first few hours of when I fell asleep so my app only shows that I was asleep for 4 or 5 hours. 

I have a Versa 2 and am really not happy with this device or the app. Considering this was supposed to be a competitor to the Apple Watch, I think I would just recommend people save longer and buy that instead. 

Best Answer

My doesn’t sync the same since signing in with google but cannot change back to fitbit sign in 

Best Answer

Agreed. I had 3 bad days in July 2023 of incorrect data since switching to google login. Strange. Seems fine one day then a week later everything is off by 12 hours messing up everything. I tried everything - factory setting up my Versa 2. Anyone else??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa 4. iPhone 13 pro. IOS 16.6. Fitbit app version 3.87

My Hourly Activity has been incorrect for weeks now. The hourly activity stats just do not update.
Uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out, logged in, rebooted everything, removed device and set it up in app again (this worked for a few days)
One thing I have noticed. The setting "Reminders to move" in the app keeps going to "Disabled" on it's own.

Various fiddlings gets it to go back to on but then if I use the Sync now (which is just below,) it syncs and sets "Reminders to move" to "Disabled" without updating the hourly activity.

I know that it is I who is the problem. I spend hours researching, chatting with Fitbit support people who really don't care at all. I have had all kinds of issues with the original Versa and have spent easily 10 hours on tech support, having devices replaced, researching. And now this problem. I can look forward to 10 more hours minimum of wasted precious time with no resolve.
I am at fault cause I keep buying these things. I am evidence of the definition of insanity, trying the same product over and over hoping for different results. I hoped that the Google acquisition might help. Nope. I am an idiot. I should just move on to another device brand that I'm sure will have its own set of issues.
When I express these sentiments to Fitbit personnel I get crickets. They don't know how to fix these issues so in order retain their sanity, they give up caring and all they want is for me to do a survey. Likes are the only thing that's important.
I wish I could say this problem is isolated to Fitbit but it's not. And if I think it's bad now, just wait till AI takes over the support task. God help us all, we're doomed.

Best Answer

Versa 2. iPhone 12. IOS 16.6. Fitbit app version 72.1.23

Best Answer
0 Votes