Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text notifications not working on Alta HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Alta HR 3.0 is connected via Bluetooth to my iPhone 8 Plus. I get call notifications on my Fitbit but not texts. In the Fitbit app text notifications IS turned on. It just stopped one day! 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @AndreaBracey, welcome to the Community. It's nice to see a new face around!

I'm sorry that the text notifications aren't working on your Alta HR, and let's work on this together. Since there are some factors that may affect the notifications, I'd recommend to turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. If you use more than one device to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. Also, please give a try to the following steps:

1. Remove your device from the Bluetooth settings.

2. Force quit the Fitbit app an reboot your phone.

3. On your iPhone's settings, tap on Notifications > Messages. Make sure the three options under "Alerts" are enabled.

4. Also, turn on the option to "Show Previous" or "Show in History"

5. Open the Fitbit app and wait until your Alta HR has synced.

6. Then tap the Account icon > Alta HR image > Notifications.

7. Follow the onscreen instructions to pair via Bluetooth.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. It just stopped receiving texts a few weeks ago with my iPhone 8. I tried the above and it did not work. Any other ideas?

Best Answer

Hi @sg123. Welcome to the Community Forums and I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps posted above on your Alta HR. Our team is aware about the notifications issues experienced after updating to iOS 13 and they're currently working on this to bring a solution to all our members that were affected. I'd recommend to check this thread where you'll find some other suggestions and receive further updates about this issue.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this helped a lot! Need to put this information in the troubleshooting section on Fitbit app and website. I tried everything, but as soon as I did step #4 (turn on the option to "show previews" or "show in history"), it worked!

Best Answer

Welcome, @LeimamoPalakisa. It's good to see a new face around.

Thanks for your feedback, as well as your efforts while working on this matter. I'm glad the suggestions shared in my post helped you to receive notifications correctly and I hope you can keep enjoying the Fitbit experience.

By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board. In there, you can find inspiring stories, share your own tips to live a healthy life and start your own topics.

Have a great rest of your day! 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes