Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text notifications not coming through on Flex 2.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a charge a few months ago and I would get my call notifications but not text notifications. I returned it thinking it was defective. Just bought a flex 2, same problem! My husband has an iPhone as well and he doesn't have that issue. I have tried everything and have no idea what's going on. It's apparently with my phone. Bluetooth is hooked up, call and text notifications are checked on the app...I've deleted and re installed the app, the fit bit...nothing works. I do have an apple computer too hooked up to the same Apple ID. Could that be affecting the text notifications? I turned off text forwarding but I messages still get sent to the co

ourer regardless. Wondering if that's my problem. Thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

It seems very odd that your tracker is receiving call notifications but not text ones. I would like to suggest going to the Settings on your new phone then tap on Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show in Notification Center
  • Show on Lock Screen.

If this is not the case, let's restart Notifications on the device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth devices on your phone and check if Flex 2 is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget Device
  2. Restart your Flex 2
  3. Restart your phone
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap on Account > Flex 2 > Notifications and enable them once again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

For weeks I tried all that. Deleted fitbit device, deleted app, restarted phone, reinstalled app, reinstalled fitbit, made sure all notifications were on, Bluetooth connected, etc etc.i have an apple computer too and I thought maybe that was the problem so I turned off all syncing between phone and computer,  I even had them send me a new tracker thinking it was defective. But nope, nothing worked. I was fed up! Lol. It had to be something! After doing all that numerous times I gave up for a while. Then decided to post this because I'm getting the new Alta hr and I wanted to see if I could solve this issue. So I went in trying again to redo all that and I don't know why I didn't think of it before (I guess I didn't think that could possibly be the issue) it was my text message notifications set up on my phone! I had it set up so I didn't get notifications on lock screen or the banners because they got on my nerves when I was in an app doing something and the messages always popped up! So I turned on all text notifications for my phone and that was the issue. So simple. Thanks for the time to help me out! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're having a great day! 

Thanks for taking the time to reply and letting me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm really glad.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer