Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The app is getting rid of my steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

on the app it suddenly got rid on my steps- either its an app problem or my watch- i think it is the weekly steps but im not sure

Moderator edit: Update subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

This issue happened to me now. Is there still not any solution?

Best Answer

I walked this morning and clocked 8300 steps. I continued moving throughout the day to over 12,000. 
I attempted to sync to the app several times and it never accurately synced 

I restarted everything and now my watch synced to the incorrect count from the app

My walk does not appear in the exercise tile. Can anyone help ? I “lost” over 6000 steps 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mkuehner. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for the details regarding the inconvenience with your Versa 4.

After doing the restart you shouldn't have the same issue again. This is something that must not happen. Please let me know if you continue to have the same problem.

In the meantime, to recover the missing steps I'd recommend you to manually log your walk following these steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for commenting. For whatever reason no steps logged 31 though I wore my watch 

Saturday , 4/1 is still incorrect and, after manually logging my walk, the total count is now even LOWER. It’s beyond frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue. Every time I sync my Fitbit luxe to the app it looses hundreds to thousands of steps!😭

I hope they figure this out soon! I also can’t get it to read my pulse. Any recommendations for what watch to switch to if they don’t? I have been with Fitbit for years. So bummed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all your details provided regarding this issue.

I want inform you that I moved all posts to this individual thread in order to give you the information at the same time. 

Please, check the online dashboard in order to see if the amount of steps is correct in there. 

Also, please follow these steps in the Fitbit app: 

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  4. Check if the count of steps is available now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with me this morning and I’m in the middle of a step challenge with my company! What gives Fitbit?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My dashboard no longer shows my steps and when I check to see if I can add them to the dashboard the option is not listed. How do I get the steps back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had multiple workouts and all of my data recorded today and when I synced to the app on my iPhone around 5pm it completely wiped all of my data and reset all counts to 0.

My dashboard on a browser also has all of the data reset and none of the resetting of either device as instructed by the help chat reverted the sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody! Thank you for your messages and efforts. 

We've merged all your messages here, so you all receive the updates together and to keep the Community in order. 

A new Fitbit app version has been released, this should be available for everyone now. 
Please update it and let us know if the situation with the steps persists. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes