Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The spanish translation of the Fitbit app is atrocious

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I wanted to let the team know that the spanish translation of the iOS app is absolutely atrocious! It gets to the point that you can´t even understand what the app it´s trying to say. There are HUGE grammar errors! I chose to change my configuration and put it in english since I really couldn´t stand it anymore.

Thank´s!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Jagg857, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

I really appreciate our members's input and feedback. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like thank you for yours. I understand this is very important for you and I would like to ask you some screenshots of your findings so I can pass along the information. 

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention, if you need anything else please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Sometimes is not the translation, is the syntax on the message, it is not the same for Spanish or Latin American people.

In other cases is the translation, for example

"USER ha pasado propulsado adelantando a USER"

which i think in English is something like "USER has rocket pass USER"

but in Spanish could be "USER ha pasado como flecha a USER"

again, is different for Latin American Spanish, Spain Spanish or even Argentina Spanish, however the translation in the example above hasn't any sense to anyone in Spanish language .

I'll be glad to help the team with translations for Mexican or Neutral Spanish if you contact me and give to me the texts. It is obvious you don't have the correct people to do that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @xpedgar

Thanks for getting back to us! 

I went ahead and forwarded your feedback to our localization manager. If you continue to see any other discrepancies, please let me know and I'll make sure we review them and make changes should it be necessary.

Ricky Community Moderator Fitbit

Training for life? Get Fit

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Malas noticias para USUARIO. Tu acaba de Superarte"?????? and the list keeps going and going

Best Answer
0 Votes

IOS Notification

"USUARIO ha superado el total de tu"

It has not sense at all

Really??? and you think your localization manager is doing right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

El objetivo de pasos de "Usuario"de está frito

Best Answer
0 Votes