Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today screen on Fitbit app doesn't display steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The main display (at the top of "today") inexplicably switched to from "steps" to "sleep."  How do I get back to "steps?"

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@skernick   After you tap on the pencil, can you swipe left/right to see the available Focus options?  There is a Get more active preset.  The top metric is steps.  The bottom metrics are active zone minutes, distance, and calories burned.  If you think this is the one you were using, just tap in the open circle, then Save in the upper right.  The pencil on the left is part of a custom Focus screen, where you choose all four metrics.  Did you set up a custom option before?  That left pencil only applies if you set a custom focus.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @skernick - you can edit your Today screen by tapping the pencil icon in the upper right below your profile icon, and either choose a custom preset (edit that with the pencil icon on the left, then choose Steps as Metric #1), or select the "Get More Active" focus, which has Steps as the main metric. Then tap 'Save'. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Inspire 3.  I clicked on the pencil from the main screen but on the next screen where it says "choose focus," I can't change what is currently "sleep" to "steps."  There is no pencil on the left, as you indicated above nor do I see a "Get more focused" option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@skernick   After you tap on the pencil, can you swipe left/right to see the available Focus options?  There is a Get more active preset.  The top metric is steps.  The bottom metrics are active zone minutes, distance, and calories burned.  If you think this is the one you were using, just tap in the open circle, then Save in the upper right.  The pencil on the left is part of a custom Focus screen, where you choose all four metrics.  Did you set up a custom option before?  That left pencil only applies if you set a custom focus.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for taking the time to explain this.  All back to my normal dashboard screen now.

Best Answer