Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to check calories eaten from previous days

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When using the app for iPhone I am unable to display the calories (meals) recorded from the previous day on the Dashboard. When using the arrows to compare my progress from yesterday all stats are updated - except calories manually input from meals! It just copies the values I input today instead of using yesterday's values.  Actually it copies today's value to all past days on the Dashboard! 

Does this happen to anyone else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hey, hey, hey @Electricity, it's exciting to welcome you to the Fitbit forums. Heart

Since this question is more related to the iOS Fitbit app, I've moved your post from Charge HR to the right board so this can help other users with the same concern. You're actually right my friend, this is the way the Dashboard from the iOS Fitbit application works. If you go back using the arrows, the only information that change is the steps, calories burned, floors and active minutes, if you want to check the information of the previous days from the sleep, calories eaten and exercise, you should tap that specific tile and check the graphs.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem except with calories burned not calories eaten. And it only started today. I have a charge 4, brand new out-of-the-box.

It worked fine for about a week and now every time I try to check other days for calories burned, because I like to compare what I’ve eaten and what I’ve done and how my metabolism is,  it doesn’t show properly. 

Here’s the weird thing. When I hit the arrow to go to the previous day, for a split millisecond, I see the correct display, then it disappears and simply copies what I have for today. 

This is super annoying, especially for what is supposed to be a brand new out-of-the-box charge 4. I only upgraded because I wanted the GPS. 

For Fitbit being such a large company, I have had issues with everything. 

The items themselves seem to work OK, but it’s the software glitches with the app and the incompatibilities such as not being able to connect multi trackers with Two different models that use gallery faces. To me thats the most ridiculous thing ever.  I want to use a Fitbit Versa when I go out to nicer places, and the charge 4 for every day. But that doesn’t work. 

It took them seven years  to create a simple delete button for notifications and messages. Still, you can only delete one at a time.

Then I had an auto recognition of exercise the other day, 20 minutes of jumping jacks... at 2am in the morning. 😳🤔 

My first thought was, is this really a new unused item?

And FYI for anybody considering a charge 4,  they advertise you can use Spotify Independently of your phone.

Let me be clear. There’s an extensive two day trickle update in order to be able to use Spotify. And it’s not like on versa where you can access music directly.  There’s no storage of any kind. 

It’s simply a control to access, skip forward or backward on songs.  So you have to have a premium paid account with Spotify, and you still have to have your phone with you near you at all times. Which kind of defeats the purpose.  I don’t really care about Spotify, but to me that’s completely false advertising. 

Sorry for the long post, but while I love the simplicity of some of the Fitbit trackers, I remain annoyed with the lack of customer support and very simple technology updates that get ignored. 

It it is what it is. 🥴

Best Answer
0 Votes