Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download the Fitbit app on a Mac.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I looked for de FITBIT App from the apple store to download at my Mac but seems there is no any app  has any body download it to your personal computer?

Regards. 

Gabe

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
63 REPLIES 63
Look the process on the following web page:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2251/

Guy
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you can't sync the versa how do you add music to the watch? I have downloaded and synced the Fitbit Connect but I don't know how to get music to the fitbit connect in order to get it on my phone. CAn you help?

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@slwplace, please note that after syncing your Versa with your mobile device, you can review your account and your exercises by going to the online Dashboard

@cheeseboy and @LaneB, in order to download music from your Mac computer to your Versa, check the help article kindly posted by @SunsetRunner, in here you will find all the instructions necessary and in case you're having trouble, troubleshooting steps, in order to transfer music to your Versa using a computer. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marco

Having the fitbit connect app work with versa would be ideal.  Too bad it has not been implemented yet almost after 9 months of this watch in the field.  Instead of having to open the browser and login to the online page, it would be great to have some kind of wrapper that would do all this for you as an app, so that just a click on mac would show me the stats while i am on my mac.

I am having difficulty with getting notifications from slack app.  I have installed slack on both iPhone and mac.  I have turned the notification ON for versa in the fitbit app.  But still i dont get the slack notifications.  Do I have to reboot the watch or what?

Best Answer

I would like to be able to use Fitbit Connect on my Mac with my Versa.  But Versa is not supported.  Is this going to change?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will Versa be set up to work with Fitbit Connect?  Why doesn't it work with Fitbit Connect???!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

Most important reason to have the connect work with Versa is the file transfer for music.  Current method of conecting the versa to charging cable is kludgy at best.  May be you can allow uploading the music to the fitbit website and sync it from there to the versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The help article provides the same exact instruction to download the fitbit connect app for MAC that people have been noting does not work. If the only way you can download music to a versa is from a computer (as opposed to from your phone) but there is no way to download the fitbit connect app to a MAC, then there's no way to download music from your MAC to your fitbit.  As multiple people have commented before, there is no fitbit connect app in the apple store that can be downloaded to a MAC.  I came here for assistance only to see this has been a question posted for over a year that's been addressed with an instruction that cannot be followed because of the same "This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices" error that shows up when using the link you have provided. I've also checked the app store from my MAC and still don't find that app. I feel as though I've been misled into purchasing a versa thinking it was fully MAC compatible & that I could load my own playlists onto it.  Since this issue seems to have been going on for over a year, I don't know why you can't make the fitbit connect app for MAC directly available for download on the fitbit site

Best Answer

I'm told that the Connect app does not work with Versa.  That is the issue.  I want to be able to look at my account, statistics, watch faces, etc. for my Versa on my MacBook Pro and learned after buying it I could not.  Nobody has told me why Connect doesn't include Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes
honestly, had I known, I wouldn't have gotten a Versa. Fitbit bills the
versa as compatible with both MAC & PC w/o making it clear you can't use
your own music if you have a MAC - this is a big problem
Best Answer

I was able to download it and get it to work. It takes longer than it should to transfer music and I had to keep trying when it didn't accept my password the first few times I tried to connect my account to fitbit connect, but it does work

for folks who get the error when trying to download fitbit connect from the apple store,  you actually find the link to download by scrolling down to the bottom of the page instead of going to the apple store

downloading fitbit connect to MACdownloading fitbit connect to MAC

Best Answer
The problem is to get Fitbit Connect to work for Versa.
Best Answer
0 Votes
there were two problems reported. One was being able to find a the link to
download fitbit connect for MAC, the other was getting it to work for Versa.

Once I installed fitbit connect, I was able to get it to work with my Versa
- the problems I had with that was getting fitbit connect to accept my
password (which it, eventually did), but I was able to get it to work with
my versa yesterday.
Best Answer
I will try it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @pammianne and @slwplace I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. 

@pammianne I appreciate all your help regarding this situation. Indeed, Fitbit Connect is used to transfer music to a Fitbit Versa/Ionic. Our team is aware this process the music transfer process currently takes a long time and they're working on improving this experience. 

@slwplace please try the instructions provided by @pammianne and in case you need anything else, please let us know. 

Have a great day! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you solve this? I still cannot connect music do to App Store saying for IOS Devices 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone ever figure out if you can set up a Fitbit Versa on a Mac? I just bought the Versa and same thing. Will not let me due to being a mac, even though it is suppose to be apple friendly. Thinking of returning as well  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone ever figure out if you can set up a Fitbit Versa on a Mac? I just bought the Versa and same thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was eventually, after multiple attempts, able to download and use Fitbit
Connect on my MacBook Pro. It syncs my Fitbit activity to the computer
app, but little else. For example, I am unable to select watch faces or
sync my weather app.

I searched for help on the internet, consulting sites such as this one for
help:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1872/?q=fitbit+on+computer&l=en_US&c=Products%3A...

https://wearablezone.com/news/fitbit-connect-for-mac-pc
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes