Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download the Fitbit app on a Mac.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I looked for de FITBIT App from the apple store to download at my Mac but seems there is no any app  has any body download it to your personal computer?

Regards. 

Gabe

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
63 REPLIES 63

I also had issues with Bluetooth -- tried instruction to turn it off on my mobile device in order for my computer to find the Versa.  Also there was an instruction to use the dongle in a USB port to make the Versa findable.  I tried both.  And, after multiple attempts to log into Fitbit Connect and get it to accept my password, finally, after a couple of days, it worked.  Shouldn't be so hard!

Also, why can't I use connect to change my clock face and update the weather app?  Neither can be done using Connect on the computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Hillary2, welcome on board. It's great to see you around @slwplace and @pammianne. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

@pammianne, thanks for stopping by to help our friends. Your video is great and I'm sure others will find it helpful.

Let me explain that currently there isn't a Fitbit app designed for Mac computers, an while our old devices were able to setup with the Fitbit Connect, the Versa can be setup in the Fitbit app for supported mobile devices, in which you'll also be able to install apps and change the clock faces. If your Mac has Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connection, you can sync with it. Just note that even when Bluetooth is on, the signal can occasionally be weak or problematic. If this happens, I'd recommend to plug a Wireless Dongle into a USB port on your computer to complete the sync.

About your other inquiry, to download music in your Versa you'll need to use your Mac computer. I'd suggest to check this help article for instructions to download your favorite playlists in your device.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have tried several ways to connect with my fitbit 3 - with my mac and with my Samsung A5.6.

Can't get any to work. Are they not compatible and how should I proceed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do not know.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JasmineAla. Welcome to the Community Forums. @slwplace, it's nice to see you around.

@JasmineAla, thanks for letting me know that you got a Fitbit device. Currently your Samsung A5 isn't yet part of our supported devices list. If you mean to say that you have the Charge 3, you can set it up in the Fitbit app using a supported mobile device. Once it's connected to an account, you can sync it with the same supported mobile device or you Mac using either Bluetooth connection or the Wireless Dongle.

@slwplace, may I know if the information posted before worked for your Versa? If not, please share with me as many details as you can so we can work on this together.

I'll be around, so keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was finally able to download fitbit connect to my macbook.  It syncs activity but nothing else like clock faces and weather app.  Not very functional or desirable.

Best Answer
0 Votes
people use it to transfer music to the versa

you do the rest wirelessly on the versa
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @slwplace and @pammianne. It's nice to see you around. I'm sorry for the delay in m response.

@pammianne, thanks for stopping by to help our friend. You're awesome!

@slwplace, I'm glad to hear that the Fitbit Connect is now working on your Mac. As mentioned before, the Fitbit Connect is a software that will allow you to sync and download music to your Versa. However, to change clock faces or download apps, you'll be required to have the Fitbit app in a supported mobile device. If you have a mobile device that appears in that link, download the Fitbit app to personalize your device.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there another way to transfer music from the Mac to the Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

no, there isn't (at least not at this time)

If you didn't see posts upthread on how to get fitbit connect, please refer to this https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Unable-to-download-the-Fitbit-app-on-a-Mac/m-p/3413982/highl...

you can then use fitbit connect to load your music to your versa

Best Answer

Hi @JDavila4. It's nice to see a new face around. @pammianne, thanks or stopping by to help our new friend. Smiley Happy

@JDavila4, as our friend mentioned, currently the Fitbit app isn't available for Mac. But, you can transfer music to your Versa with a different software called Fitbit Connect which can be installed in your Mac. For instructions to transfer music, please check this help article.

Please note that to edit your Versa's features, add apps or change the clock face, you'll need to use a supported device to install the Fitbit app.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm having the same problem as the person above, I can't find the FITBIT CONNECT in the app store on my Apple desktop, that seems to be the only way to sync my music to my Ionic.  Please help.

Best Answer

This link doesn't work anymore. I cannot install the fitbit software on my mac computer because none of the download links in any of these forums actually work. I am beginning to regret my recent versa 2 purchase. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed- the link does not work anymore at all for mac. It goes directly to a 404 message. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t know why Fitbit doesn’t make the app compatible with Mac laptops and desktops.  I’ve never gotten an explanation. Why don’t they just say “no, we’re never going to make your fitbit fully compatible with your apple computer” so people will know and can make decisions of whether to stick with it our select another product.

Best Answer
I don’t know why Fitbit doesn’t make the app compatible with Mac laptops and desktops. I’ve never gotten an explanation. Why don’t they just say “no, we’re never going to make your fitbit fully compatible with your apple computer” so people will know and can make decisions of whether to stick with it our select another product.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nrobin99  and @slwplace have you tried the latest link posted? This one? I don't actually need to connect my Versa 2 to my MacBook, but I could open that link and download the necessary software from there without any problems. 

Which MacOS versions are you using? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to download the connect app for my Mac computer and was directed to a webpage that said it wasn’t available anymore.  Now what?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wildbuffy  @Nrobin99 @needhelplease   If you are in Canada, the web link to Fitbit Connect is broken. For help, go to this thread and go to the instructions that @LizzyFitbit posted.

I hope this helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I know this is an old post but I am trying to figure out how to download music from my Macbook to my new Versa 2. I cannot seem to find a link to download the Fitbit Connect anywhere - I finally found this forum but the link no longer works. Is there a new link or page where I can download?

Best Answer
0 Votes