Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Sleep Stages after latest app update.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the most recent Fitbit update (2.79) and the iOS 12.0 and today my sleep data changed back to simplified vs the stages of sleep which were visible as of yesterday. Anyone else have this issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @LimitlessLove, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's always great to greet new members! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Tell me, which Fitbit device are you currently using? Have you restarted it already? If so, please note that the Fitbit app currently has in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. This is meant to provide insight into what might be occurring to cause this.The error messages are the following:

1. We need more than 3 hours of sleep to reliably calculate your sleep stages. Learn more
  2. Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept. Learn more 
  3. We couldn’t generate sleep stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow. Learn more

When you tap on Learn more, you will be able to get more information about why your tracker didn't record sleep stages. Additionally, I'd like to suggest the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your tracker uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your device is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @LimitlessLove, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's always great to greet new members! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Tell me, which Fitbit device are you currently using? Have you restarted it already? If so, please note that the Fitbit app currently has in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. This is meant to provide insight into what might be occurring to cause this.The error messages are the following:

1. We need more than 3 hours of sleep to reliably calculate your sleep stages. Learn more
  2. Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept. Learn more 
  3. We couldn’t generate sleep stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow. Learn more

When you tap on Learn more, you will be able to get more information about why your tracker didn't record sleep stages. Additionally, I'd like to suggest the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your tracker uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your device is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.

Best Answer

Thank you. I guess it was just the under 3hr mark. I managed to clock almost 6 for last night and it reflected all stages. 👍🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all this and more with no resolve. I am getting really frustrated. I updated ap, reset several times, charged to full, wore it on my other arm, getting more than 3 hours of sleep, ..... HELP! This has been going on since September 8! I only had 1 good week since purchase. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Colleenlp, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with us and for letting us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps provided on this thread. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further:

1. Fitbit model you're wearing
  2. iPhone model you're using.
  3. OS version currently running on your phone
  4. App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear form you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an iphone 7
IOS 12.0
I havve a fitbit alta hr
Fitbit 2.80 (794)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Colleenlp, I hope you're doing well, thanks for coming back with the information requested. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to reply. At this moment I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem unfortunately 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Muneer-HM, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and letting us know you're also experiencing this situation. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so we can check this further. Please reply with as much information as you can:

1. iPhone model you're currently using.
  2. OS version running on your phone. 
  3. Tracker or watch you're currently wearing
  4. Tracker or watch version (in the Fitbit app tap on the picture of your tracker)
  5. App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

My IPhone is 8 plus, software 12.0.1
My Fitbit device is Alta HR

I have contacted the technical support before but they couldn't resolve it for me. Yes it is frustrating unfortunately

Best
Muneer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Muneer-HM, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide the information requested. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let us know you've already contacted our Support Team. At this moment I will forward the information you have provided to our development team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once we have more information to share with you, we will make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks again for coming back, if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes