Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log food and water on the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I’ve updated my Fitbit app but for some reason when I go to log in water or food it takes me to my weight app which only logs my weight. This means I can’t log any food or water on my Fitbit. Is this an error or am I clicking on the wrong buttons?

thanks

emma

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Forums! I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for letting me know about the behavior of the Fitbit app. This is a strange behavior, and let me help you out with this. I'd recommend to try the following steps to refresh the Fitbit app in your iPhone:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Log back in to your Fitbit account.
  4. Tap on the food or water tile and try logging your details one more time.

Keep me posted! Cat Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Thank you for your help. I did everything you said but my Fitbit app still redirects me to my weight app called OKOKinternational. I deleted the app and then my Fitbit app worked fine but I like recording my weight so I want to keep both apps. Have you got any more suggestions please?

Many thanks

Emma
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner. It's nice to see you here again. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for sharing more details about this situation, and let's continue working on this. Our team has been receiving feedback from other users that were having the same issue with this 3rd party app. This issue was resolved with the latest Fitbit app version, so I'd recommend to update it with the steps described in this help article

Give it a try and let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue have updated the app and restarted but still no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @eawatts. Welcome! It's great to see a new face around.

Thanks for joining this thread and for your efforts while troubleshooting this matter prior posting. To further investigate may I know if you're getting an error message when logging your food or water? If you're, please take a screenshot of it and attach it in your reply as described here.

Additionally, please provide me with your phone's model and OS/software version.

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I've been having this issue since yesterday too! I've also "forced stop" and rebooted but it's still not letting me add my food. 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @OrganizedMom. Welcome on board.

Thanks for trying the steps suggested in this thread. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and please provide me with the following information so I can investigate on my end:

• Are you getting an error message when logging your food?
  • Is the Fitbit app updated on your iOS device?
  • Are you able to log the rest of your data (exercises, water, weight, etc.)?
  • What is the model of your phone?

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I went ahead and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and that has fixed
the issue.

Regards,

Jo-Anne 😀
Best Answer

Hi @OrganizedMom. I hope you're doing well.

That's great news! I'm glad you sorted this out by reinstalling the Fitbit app and thanks for your efforts. If you have time, I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can meet people, share your story and find great tips to reach a healthy and active lifestyle.

Have a good day! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes