Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in manual swim activity with yards.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to enter my swim in either yards or metres but the iOS phone app will only give me miles or kilometres even though I have yards and metres on my settings. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Meidrimswimmer, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. At this moment, even if you change your Swim units to yards, when you log a manual swimming activity only meters and miles will be available. Yards are currently available only on Android devices. 

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused you. I would like to suggest you to check @esevillano's suggested idea to implement this feature in a future update. Please note that even when the suggestion is a bit older, we're still actively exchanging communications with people that are still voting and commenting on this feature, please feel free to add your own comment, as this is the best way to make your voice heard.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Meidrimswimmer, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. At this moment, even if you change your Swim units to yards, when you log a manual swimming activity only meters and miles will be available. Yards are currently available only on Android devices. 

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused you. I would like to suggest you to check @esevillano's suggested idea to implement this feature in a future update. Please note that even when the suggestion is a bit older, we're still actively exchanging communications with people that are still voting and commenting on this feature, please feel free to add your own comment, as this is the best way to make your voice heard.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response. At least I know it's not possible on my
iPhone, so won't keep trying. Hopefully a future upgrade will resolve this
issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Meidrimswimmer, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this issue, in case I have more information to share with you about this situation, I'll make sure to update this thread accordingly. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been swimming in my charge 2, even though it is not recommended. I can’t seem to kill it and wanted it to die before getting a new unit. In the meantime, how can I record swimming in yards? The tenths of a mile are difficult to count!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lindafb, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. At this moment if you'd like to change your swimming measuring units, please open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Advanced Settings > Units > Swim and choose Yards instead of Meters. Then go back to the Dashboard screen for the changes to be saved. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I can see the yards choice, but when you are actually recording the distances you swam, the choice there is in tenths of a mile... so if I swim 1800 yards, it is technically more than a mile, a mile being 1765 but less than 1.1 mile which is recorded as 1936 yards so even if I swim 2000 yards it’s still not quite accurate. Swimming in a pool is always going to be yards or meters and in 25 or 50 increments. That is just how pools are designed. So that is the part that needs to be changed. 

Thanks for your help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lindafb, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and provided your insight about this situation. Please note that our trackers designed to swim, like the Flex 2, Ionic, Versa and Charge 3 already have a dedicated feature activated through the tracker/watch that will count your swimming distance. As you're using a Charge 2, it's a bit more complicated for the tracker to record a swimming activity unless you log it manually. 

Nevertheless, I'll make sure to forward the information you have provided to our team so they can take a better look at this situation and make adjustments if necessary. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes