Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log weight/food with decimals/commas after updating to iOS 12

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/28/2018: We are aware that some users on iOS 12 are unable to log weight using decimal points or foods using a comma. Our team is currently investigating. As a workaround, you can add your weight and food through Fitbit.com and it should populate correctly. Thanks for your reports!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Closing this thread as we are no longer receiving reports and can not reproduce. Please start a new thread if you experience an issue similar to this. Thank you. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
55 REPLIES 55

Hi 

installed IOS 12 yesterday.

since then i can not enter food with a comma in the qty (1,5 grams ).

the app only lets me sellect a point but its not accepting that.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my weight input...   When I try to input the number with the decimal separator on the numeric pop-up it gives me the message " Invalid weight " and I have no alternatives...  I have looked at all my setting (iPhone and Fitbit) and cannot find any place where I can define the decimal separator...   With the iOS 11 I did not have this problem...

Best Answer

Same for entering weight!

Best Answer

Hello @laburante and @HermanFrederik, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @DGH74, I hope you're doing well. 

I appreciate you have taken the time to report this situation. Tell me, have you updated the Fitbit app to its latest version? Have you restarted your phone or logged out / in from the Fitbit app? If so, I would like to ask you for a screenshot of the error you're getting when trying to add decimals to your weight with a dot or a comma, this will be very helpful for me to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi

see screenshots ... i can only sellect a DOT ( food and weight log )

the comma you see in weight is my PREVIOUS entered weight. I can only sellect a dot on the entry

E57133E4-D33C-4ACD-9FEC-0048F8CC3FE2.png

06DA5D52-4CD5-4367-820C-5E0C64C7A447.png

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbitthanks for your prompt answer...  Here are the answer's to your request:

1. Yes...  I am on the last version of the app...IMG_0726.PNG2. I turned off the phone and also logged out and back in to the app, but still the same problem...

3. Following the screen shots...IMG_0728.PNG

Note the "dot" in the keyboard, which the app seems to not accept...

IMG_0727.PNG

The error msg...IMG_0729.PNG

This final one is the last input which I entered with no issues, prior to installing iOS 12...

Hope this helps solve the issue...

Best Answer

Hi there!

I’m having the exact same issue with the same conditions as above. Any updates on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

when entering weight manually, the decimal sign is “.” on the number pad but “,” in the text. illegal entry, sets number to zero. 

app should accept both signs as separator 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rolvmarius, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience and feedback with us. Would it be possible for you to reply to me with a screenshot of what you're able to see when trying to log in your weight and a screenshot of the error you're receiving? This will be very helpful for me to check this further. 

Best Answer

Hi...   Is this the same issue we brought up on 09-19 ( Unable to log weight with decimals after updating to iOS 12.) ?

Any news on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news on this issue? 

Version 2.79 has the same bug!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @laburante and @Gabarra, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience about this issue. At this moment I have already forwarded this information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more information to share with you, I'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. In the meantime, I would like to ask you for a screenshot of the error you're getting so I can forward it as well. 

Best Answer

Following the two screenshots...  1st when inputing weight and 2nd the error msg... 

IMG_0763.PNG

IMG_0762.PNG

Best Answer

Hello @DGH74 and @laburante, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide the screenshots requested, I really appreciate it. It's great to have you on board @Aleite and @loevestein, thanks for joining the conversation! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to report this to me. At this moment I would like to suggest you to update the Fitbit app to its latest version (2.79) that we have just released. Then, try to enter a new weight log with decimals and let me know if you're still experiencing this issue. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

please look the screenshot
As you can see, in my region, the decimal point is comma (,) and is issue
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again

Same issue (2.79).

just a point sellectable and fitbit app does not accept.

i have DUTCH language/region settings for my iphone X ( Nederlands ). This was the same on IOS11 but did not have this issue on that version. Just on IOS 12

regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit  the screen shots I sent correspond to the 2.79 (787) version of FitBit, which I installed early this morning...   I have seen other users also mentioning that the problem has not gone away with the new release...

Best Answer
0 Votes

EEB7DCF1-8E44-49D3-9426-975318733F12.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes