Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair Blaze to iPhone 6S

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought blaze yesterday managed to get it onto my app on iPad. Now not recognised on I pad. Then I tried  to add blaze to my iPhone 6s so I can get notifications. Bluetooth doesn't find the blaze at all. Tried it on my husbands android and it came up blaze rejecting so it wouldnt go on his phone. I have gone through all the pointers I have read in Help. Switched off hard restart on phone etc etc I am now thinking of taking this back as not working. Have spent hours trying all different way. Can anyone help before I take it back to store. Thank you

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Blueeyes51, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please remember that the Fitbit trackers do not pair through the Bluetooth on your phone, they pair through the Fitbit app. With that said, I appreciate you have let me know the steps you have tried so far in order to setup your tracker with your iPhone. 

At this moment I would like to suggest you the following:

• Restart your Blaze by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. Then, plug it in and make sure it's charging. 
  • As you have used your iPad to sync your tracker before, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPad and check if your tracker is showing up in the list of connected devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal 
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  • Reset the Bluetooth on your phone by turning it off for 15 seconds through your phone Settings (not through Control Center)
  • Proceed by trying to set it up again in your account:
    1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    3. If (or when) the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Blueeyes51, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please remember that the Fitbit trackers do not pair through the Bluetooth on your phone, they pair through the Fitbit app. With that said, I appreciate you have let me know the steps you have tried so far in order to setup your tracker with your iPhone. 

At this moment I would like to suggest you the following:

• Restart your Blaze by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. Then, plug it in and make sure it's charging. 
  • As you have used your iPad to sync your tracker before, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPad and check if your tracker is showing up in the list of connected devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal 
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  • Reset the Bluetooth on your phone by turning it off for 15 seconds through your phone Settings (not through Control Center)
  • Proceed by trying to set it up again in your account:
    1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    3. If (or when) the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much I have now got it all sorted and I'm sure it was all because I registered the blaze on my iPad and had Bluetooth switched on. Since switching Bluetooth off on iPad I have got notifications coming through on my blaze. So pleased but another problem but  for my my husband he has a charge 2 and an android phone he has never got any notifications on his phone E.g.  texts or phone call alerts it doesn't even buzz to tell him to exercise. He doesn't use any other tablet or iPad. Maybe you can help we are both pensioners but like to keep fit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Blueeyes51, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved. I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iphone6 I went to Florida my blaze set to Florida time but now it won’t reset back to Texas time. I’ve disconnected, I’ve sync it will not reset

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RhondaA0871, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to the Fitbit app, then tap on Account > Advanced Settings and check that under Time Zone Set Automatically is selected. If it's already selected, disable it and then look for your current city. Once you've selected your city, go back and sync your tracker, it should now reflect the correct time. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes