Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive Notifications on Blaze.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not receiving text messages since getting the IPhone 8 plus.  I've updated app, deleted and added blaze, restarted phone and blaze and still nothing

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

Hello @Skeewee41, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Have you checked if your Blaze is not currently on the Do Not Disturb Mode? You can check this by swipe down on your Blaze. If Do Not Disturb is enabled you will see the OFF button selected. However, if everything seems right with your tracker I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notification
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in History.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Frustrating, Still doesn’t work

Denise
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Skeewee41, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have tried the troubleshooting steps I have provided earlier. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and check that the following is enabled:

NuNotificationSettings.jpg

If everything is enabled, please disable it, restart your phone and enable it back. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the past month or so I have not been receiving message notifications on my Blaze. I get call notifications but messages just stopped. It is really annoying. I have followed all the steps above and nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like so many of us are having issues with notifications. It’s been months since the upgrade and we still can’t use the features on our fitbit products? Come on fitbit, why is it taking you so long to get it together? I for one will never buy another fitbit… This is absolutely unacceptable. It was a major upgrade and yet you can’t get your product to work with it?  I have 2 fitbit devices and neither one of them will work properly since apples big upgrade in Sept. Do you care that little about your customers? Shouldn’t this be a priority for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit - 

Would it surprise you if I say that I am getting text, phone and calendar notifications from my iOS device to my Alta HR and I have the Fitbit notifications referenced turned off in my phone's settings?

H-o-w-e-v-e-r - I do have them turned on in my Fitbit app under the device settings.

I have always found it interesting that we are always told to go to the phone settings when we want our Fitbit device to receive notifications FROM the phone, actually from the Fitbit app on the phone. I truly believe that the notifications you are addressing are from the device to the phone if the device supports it. 

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JulesS1 and @JJ101, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @MrMarvSmiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. I understand your concern about this issue affecting Notifications and I'll make sure to forward the information you have provided to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more information to share with you regarding this issue, I'll update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having issues with notifications. I do not receive Whatsapp notifications any more. I am on iOS 11. I receive them on my iPhone but not on my Fitbit Blaze. I have re-started both devices and also re-connected the Fitbit Blaze via bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ed-W, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Are you having trouble receiving only Whatsapp notifications or are you not receiving notifications in general? If you're having trouble receiving only Whatsapp notifications, please go to the Fitbit app > Account > Blaze > Notifications > App Notifications and make sure Whatsapp is enabled. If it is, please follow the steps I have provided earlier in order to reset all Notifications, then, when enabling them, make sure to enable Whatsapp as well. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

At his point my Blaze is useless for the main reasons for upgrading from Alta.  I've tried everything suggested and possible and I still don't receive notifications on my Blaze.  Very disappointed and still frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Skeewee41, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having the same issue. No notifications whatsoever after getting the iPhone X. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app. Turned on notifications, restarted the phone and Fitbit, changed the notifications on the phone, reset the Bluetooth connection, etc. and nothing has resolved the issue. Obviously I’m not alone here. Is this a Fitbit issue or apple’s way of forcing the Apple Watch?  

Best Answer

Hello @AmberE, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Please keep in mind the iPhone X still not on our list of supported devices. Our team is still testing them out and we will provide an update once it's are fully supported. In the meantime, please make sure to update the Fitbit app and the iOS on your phone (currently 11.1.2)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything too. In the end I deleted the App and then went onto the App Store and installed it again. lol and behold everything worked!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I tried it but it didn’t work. It’s so annoying!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Didn’t work for me either

Denise
Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn’t work for me either.  Very frustrating.  Useless to me for my needs

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any news on when the IPhone X will be compatible with the Fitbit Alta??? This is very frustrating to purchase a new phone and not be able to use my Fitbit to track my workouts!  Please update soon  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my Blaze I do not get notifications when the phone is locked. I do get notifications if the phone is unlocked . I have the iPhone X with iOS version 11.2.1 and fitbit version 8.402.1 I have tried everything listed in this thread and nothing works. What is causing it to not work when the phone is locked?

Best Answer
0 Votes