Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to search food or sync using mobile data but works on WiFI

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm unable to search any new foods. I can only select from the frequent and recent. 

Is there an issue with the ios app and syncing using mobile's data?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

FIXED!

Updated my software and it is now working!! 

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@MarieKova -

Just because there are only three tabs in the app's log food page, "frequent", "recent" and "custom" that is only so you can scroll through those for easy selection. They do not inhibit you from searching the Fitbit database for foods.

For instance, I don't believe I have ever eaten "Dipsy Doodles" in my lifetime Smiley Happy or at least since I got my first Fitbit in December of 2014.

But there they are:

dipsy.png

Hope this helps and welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe you may have misunderstood my issue.

I receive no results when I search any item and it only seems to be when I am using my mobile data.

It  is working fine on WiFi.

EDIT - My Fitbit app will not sync any data unless I am connected to WiFi

Best Answer

@MarieKova -

Ahhhhhh.

And I bet the words "Connect to a network" is displayed in the search box.

1. Go to your phone settings.
  2. Scroll down past the Apple apps to the 3rd party apps section and select Fitbit
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the Fitbit page and see if "Cellular Data" is on. If not, turn it on and you should be good to go.

Good luck - and once again - welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the info, although I have tried that also.

I have attempted all means of possible solutions:

Turning data on and off for the Fitbit app in settings

Turning of background app refresh

Uninstalling the app and reinstalling

Switching my phone on and off and hard reset

And still no luck syncing on mobile data Smiley Sad

Thank you Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

FIXED!

Updated my software and it is now working!! 

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarieKova -

One last thing - when you bring up the app dashboard, do you have the red banner across the page that tells you to connect to the internet to display historical data? And sync, of course, but it doesn't say that.

I suspect not but the reason I ask is because that is what I get when I turn off cellular data for the app in settings?

If you don't then the app thinks you have access to the net which makes this quite baffling. Doesn't solve your issue, but wow.

One last gasp at trying to help: which iPhone, iOS and version of the Fitbit app do you have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarieKova

Whoa - fixed in time it took me to create my last post - Good Job!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks<"">

Best Answer
0 Votes