Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set silent alarms in new dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since being forced to switch to the new iOS app interface, I no longer have access to silent alarms from within the app.  After researching on these forums, it seems like the option no longer exists for me.  See the attached screenshots of the menu items available within my device settings section.  Any help appreciated.

(Edit)

I have only one device (Versa) added to the app.

Also, I’ve attempted to resolve on my own by doing the following:

- logging off/on to account from within the app

- Deleting / reinstalling the app

- Removing / re-adding Versa to the app

8072AA2B-524E-4B5E-A86B-9C444A9F1EA9.png

569599D5-0632-4753-92BD-7A32CA3D79FB.png

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Versa
iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @MORGAN7890 

If I understand your question correctly you wish to set up an alarm with the Charge 3 using an Android device. I really think this article will help you here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1868/?q=Set+alarm&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

😃 I hope that answers your question 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Are you aware you can manage alarms right on the Versa itself without using the app. 

From main clock face, scroll right (swipe left) to the 'Alarms' app.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@JohnnyRow yes I’m aware of the on device functionality and have been using it since the in app functionality disappeared.  However, I prefer using the app for this specific feature.

Thanks!

Versa
iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chubasco 

The silent alarm was most likely left off of the new update for Vera because you have the ability to set an alarm directly from the Vera Band directly. Hopefully Fitbit will address this issue in a future update. If you don’t wish to use your Fitbit Versa directly another option can be accessing the silent alarm feature through the Fitbit Dashboard. To do that open your Fitbit Dashboard and tap the “gear wheel” in the upper right corner of your screen. Then tap the name of your Fitbit Band in the drop view menu. Once you do that look to the right of your screen and you will see “Silent Alarms” listed here. Maybe this is not exactly what you wanted but maybe this solution can work for you until it’s possibly added to the Fitbit app in the future. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner thanks for the response.  You may be right, however, the silent alarm feature was available in the iOS app prior to the update with the new dashboard.  Also, my wife has a Charge3 and is able to manage her silent alarms on both the device and from within the app.  

So if done deliberately, either way FitBit is doing the wrong thing by removing functionality or providing less functionality on their more premium devices.

Versa
iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chubasco 

I agree with your frustration and like your wife I too can access both my alarm functions on the IOS Fitbit app as well as the Online Dashboard. ( I have the Alta HR) Maybe (fingers crossed) it was an oversight on the developers of the new update that rolled out. Sadly there were more then one “oversight” , unwelcome changes and glitches. I was one of the first to get the new app update and it was not well received by myself. But I’ve learned to adjust to the changes. (Change is hard for me lol) But I see things like the sneak peek now working as it wasn’t working at first. With that said it gives me hope they are listening but it’s gonna take time to address all the issues. Just my thoughts 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Chubasco - The best way to make your voice, and your preference known, is to post it on the Feature Suggestion forum. This way, others may vote on your idea. The developers keep an eye on this forum to gage interest in an idea. 

Best Answer

Hi @Chubasco. It's nice to see you here in the Forums! I'm sorry for my delayed response, and let me help you out.

@JohnnyRow, @SunsetRunner and @SunsetRunner, thanks a lot for stopping by to help our friend. You guys are awesome! 😉

@Chubasco, thanks for the screenshots provided and sharing detailed information of what is displayed on your Fitbit app. Let me clarify that the option to set alarms in the Fitbit app was removed for Versa's users since you're able to set and sync them right on the device. This is different with your wife's Charge 3, as she'll need to set and sync alarms in the Fitbit app so they can appear on her Fitbit device. I'm sorry that this is causing an inconvenience and our team will keep working on the app based on every comment to bring something that meets your needs.

If you have another question, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer

I have a charge3 as well and all I see is set it in the app I cant figure out how to set it in the app which is why I'm asking? Could you please walk me through it I have an android if that changes things ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @MORGAN7890 

If I understand your question correctly you wish to set up an alarm with the Charge 3 using an Android device. I really think this article will help you here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1868/?q=Set+alarm&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

😃 I hope that answers your question 

Best Answer

Hello @MORGAN7890 

I wanted to check back in with you to see if the help article I provided help you set up your silent alarms. Please let me know 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes
I figured it out thank you Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Outstanding @MORGAN7890! Happy Stepping! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes