Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Ionic back after removing it from account.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For a few months my iconic is working fine but then suddenly in the past couple of days it isn't with my iOS app anymore. I tried restarting, shutting down, but it still wouldn't connect. I tried turning off/on bluetooth, rebooting the phone, still the same.

I finally did a factory reset on the iconic, plugged it into the charging cable, shows the setup screen, i'm trying to add it as a new device (i deleted it from the app) but it's searching and couldn't find it. tried resetting a couple of times later but still the same.

it seems like the iconic has lost its bluetooth capability suddenly, did anyone face this issue before?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I seem to be having the same issue with my Alta.  As of yesterday my iPhone cannot find it it.  Hoping someone on here can solve the problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also tried deleting and reinstalling Fitbit app on iPhone, still doesn’t
work
--

best regards,
Sherif
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is working again, turns out my phone had a software update pending that I hadn’t got a notification for and once I did the update my Fitbit synced.

Best Answer
0 Votes
good to know, do you have iOS or Android? I have iOS 11.2.6

--

best regards,
Sherif
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s an iPhone that mind connects too 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sherifeid and @GillianG, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

@GillianG, I'm very happy to know your issue has now been resolved and I appreciate you have come back and let us know about it. 

@sherifeid, if your Ionic is still not setting up correctly I would like to suggest you the following steps that have been proven very effective for many members of the Community:

1. Restart your Ionic once again by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. Then leave it plugged in and charging.
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  4. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  5. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  6. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  7. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  8. If the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  9. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes