Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign in to iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was automatically logged out of my iPhone 6 app this morning. I only have a couple passwords I use and none of them are working. I can log in to my dashboard on my computer using Facebook but unfortunately I can’t use the Facebook log in for the app. 

To make matters worse, I can’t reset my password through email because during my initial signing up I put my email as gmail when it should have been yahoo so it’s invalid. I tried making a gmail email with that name however gmail does not allow the _ in a email. 

I have contacted customer service and they suggest making a new account. I don’t want to lose my 2 1/2 years of info,

My charge 2 is still receiving text and phone notifications even though I am not logged in to the app. 

Anyone have any other suggestions?? 

Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @CIndyleee, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

As you mentioned you're able to log in to your online Dashboard, my best recommendation would be updating the email address on your account. This will prevent you from creating a new account and you will be able to change it to your preferred email address. 

Please go to your profile settings, in here type the new email address you'd like to use and click on Submit. Then you'll be prompted to verify your new email address. Then reset your password and try to log in to the app with your new credentials. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for your suggestion @MarcoGFitbit. I am able to get to the settings page and I see my incorrect email. Unfortunately when I go to change the email, a box below opens up and it requires the password to the incorrect email to change it. I keep getting a message saying the password is not correct. 🙁 It would be the perfect solution if I didn’t need to enter the password. 

Best Answer
0 Votes