Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view friends of other friends (those who have it publicly available)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I need to add a friend of my friend, but after i updated the app this morning, when i view any of my friend's profile, i can no longer see their friends.

Can someone help?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone - this issue was resolved in the recent update 2.45, please update your app if you are experiencing this. Thanks for your reports and patience. If you continue to have this issue, please let me know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

Open up main dashboard on your laptop / iPad etc. Don’t use the app.

Find your friend on that and then click on that particular friend and you should then see all their friends .

Best Answer
0 Votes

You will need to click on your image on the top right corner , on this partucular screen you will be able to view your friends friends.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, where the friends button is suppose to be , it has the word Posts and that doesn't do anything. The update was to fix bugs, but it created bugs for me. I can no longer see all friends list or how many feeds anyone has.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe Fitbit will restore this function in the next iOS app update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by!

@frozenfire69 @Sydjake @halfof2 @eaglesnest

Please note that there is a Privacy setting to make your Friends' List visible only to you. If your friends have this setting on, then you won't be able to see their friends' list even if you are Fitbit friends.

private friends.png

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be around! Smiley Happy 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Still doesn't work in any dashboard, app or iPad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MariamV  This appears to be a new bug that needs to be reported to the engineers.  Your explanation is not the answer to the question.  I do see my friend's friends on the fitbit.com site (when allowed).  No friend's friends on the app.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello, since the last Fitbit update rolled out on the iPhone 8, I am no longer able to view friendlists of other friends (those who have it publicly available to be viewed). The friend menu has disappeared like it was never there. When I go into a friends profile who happens to have her friendlist available to be viewed there's the option for Personal Stats, Badges and Trophies, Groups and then it skips down to public post. The friends option is totally gone.

I've already contacted support on this issue but was wondering if other people are experiencing the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hina_  I have brought this to the attention of a moderator.  Hoping it is getting to the engineers.

I have an iPhone 6s and I see this on my screen, too.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@halfof2 @Hina_ I appreciate the follow up! Thanks you for reaching out to me @LZeeW!

@frozenfire69 @Sydjake @halfof2 @eaglesnest @Hina_

I wanted to let you guys know that, I have already passed this info to our Team. This will be escalated as we have received multiple reports about it. We hope to get you back on track as soon as possible. So that we can do that, please reply back to this post with the following info:

1. Summary of how you came across this issue. Where you're seeing the issue. Please provide a detailed description about it.
  2. If possible please post a screenshot of what you're describing
  3. Fitbit App version you are on
  4. Your Mobile devices OS version
  5. What mobile device you are using

Looking forward to your new comments! 

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I can see my Friends Friends on the desktop browser dashboard but not on the Fitbit app (so not likely to be a permission issue).

I am using iOS 11.2.1, iPhone 6S, Fitbit app version 2.44.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came across this issue after the last Fitbit app update on iOS. I can see friends of friends on the desktop version but not on the app. The friends of friends viewing tab is completely gone from the app.

The Fitbit app version is 22.55.2, iOS version is 11.2.1, and I have an iPhone 8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree. I can’t see any reason for this, if people want to keep their friends private, they already have this option. Hopefully Fitbit will restore the function in their next update.

With best wishes
Nick

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MariamV  iPhone 6s;  iOS 11.2.1;  Fitbit app 2.44

@Hina_  That 22.55.2 is the firmware version of your Charge 2.  To find your Fitbit app version, go to Settings>>General>>iPhone Storage>>Fitbit.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Thanks @LZeeW! The Fitbit app version is 2.44.1  

There was just another update and still the same issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @Hina_ @eaglesnest I appreciate the follow up! Thank you guys for all of your reports that help our devs determining there is currently an issue with the friends list no longer appearing when viewing your friends' profile. 

Rest assured, our engineers are already working towards a fix and I'll make sure to post updates as I receive them.

Thanks for your patience about it! 

Best Answer

I also came across this issue after the last Fitbit app update on iOS. I can see friends of friends on the desktop version but not on the app. 

The Fitbit app version is 2.44(736), iOS version is 11.1.2, Iphone 6

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Iphone 6S

@frozenfire69 wrote:

Hi

I need to add a friend of my friend, but after i updated the app this morning, when i view any of my friend's profile, i can no longer see their friends.

Can someone help?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Thanks for joining us in this thread @winnyh@frozenfire69 thanks for getting back to me and for keeping me updated! 

This has definitely been reported already and as far as we know it's affecting only the Fitbit app for iOS (version 2.44), just like you mentioned. Smiley Happy Thanks for bringing it up by the way!

This is already being worked on by our engineers and as soon as I have an update, I'll  make sure to post it here. Catch you guys later! 

Best Answer