Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to IOS 10 FitBit App no longer works on iPad mini

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an HR Charge. Since upgrading to IOS 10 the FitBit App no longer works on my iPad Mini.

Additionally, I never managed to get the FitBit App to sync with my Thermos Smartlid.

Any solutions to either problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hmmmm 95 views and not a single response.

Look, FitBit admin or representative or whatever you are....  My HR charge no longer works and I'm sure I'm not the only person with this problem.  Do you really want thousands of people out and about complaining that the product you sold them does not work?

The customer service here is as bad as any company I have ever dealt with.  It appears as though you got your money and no longer care about your customers once that transaction has taken place. What you do not realize is that by giving such poor customer service you are seriously impacting future sales to other customers.  I used to tell people, "Check out this cool fitness tracker."  Now I actively tell people "Do not buy this. It won't work.  Wait until they get their **ahem** together or buy a tracker from some other company."  That is directly as a result of the apparent apathy of the folks at FitBit.  The ball is in your court.  Either make this gadget you sold me work or I will give up and buy from your competitor.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think I have the same trouble I can't get the app to stay open. Since I downloaded the update it stays open for about 30 seconds then shuts I have tried to re load the app and it still does the same can anyone help
Best Answer

Earth to Fitbit admin??? Anybody there?  155 views and still no response from anyone at FitBit.  Has it occurred to anyone that if 155 people have viewed this thread that maybe at least 155 of your customers are having the same problem?

Get it together guys.  Either fix the problem or let us know the problem is being fixed.

Best Answer
Looks like iOS 10 is causing a lot of frustration. Here is a note about iOS 10 when adding your weight and it causes problems.

Fitbit Update 9/20/16
It was recently brought to our attention that users running iOS 10 that manually log their weight on the iOS App are experiencing an App crash. This is a known issue that our team is currently working on.

As a short-term workaround while our team works on long-term fix, you can manually logging weight on Fitbit.com.

Also have heard that iOS 10 users need to update their Fitbit app to version 2.27.
I have seen post about users restarting there device to no end.
They are deleting and reinstalling their device from the Fitbit app.
Some are saying the their dashboard is not showing their steps. For some reason they were hidden. If you hit the edit tab you can hide most items from your dashboard. You can also add what ever is hidden back to the dashboard.
Some are having to many Bluetooth devices running simultaneously, this may have an impact on your device syncing with your Fitbit app.
It's frustrating but hang in there someone may have a solution that may help. So what have you tried to correct your problem?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think you grasp the problem.  The Fitbit Application version 2.27 will not load onto the iPad mini at all.  I removed the old version to make room for the current one that you suggested and now I have no FitBit application on my iPad.

Additionally the FitBit application on my laptop will not sync and I have tried several solutions with no positive outcome.

You said "As a short-term workaround while our team works on long-term fix, you can manually logging weight on Fitbit.com."

As to that- As a short term workaround I could also weigh myself and write my weight on the back of a paper bag.  the reason I purchased this product is that it was a new and efficient way of tracking all of this.  It turns out that it has become a tremendous waste of energy attempting to make the product work as advertised.

Right now I have a smartlid thermos that will not sync. I have an Aria scale that will not sync. And I have an HR charge that will not sync.  I have three expensive products that will not sync because the FitBit application does not work on the iPad Mini.  Fix the iPad app and three products will again work and I will be pleased. Until then I am officially irked.

Best Answer
I can't sync either!
Best Answer
0 Votes
THere is definitely a problem - we are not dreaming - the Fitbit products are useless if we cannot see the results, how can you see the results if the device does not sync. Please Fitbit fix this IOS10 problem. The latest update does nothing - back to the testing boys.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@johnfoster, I think maybe there is a conflict with Bluetooth between bonding all of your devices. What iOS is your iPad mini using. If you install Fitbit version 2.27 I'm assuming your running iOS 10. I think I would try to get one device working first, unbound your aria and smart mid themos first. Did you upgrade your iPad mini to iOS 10 or did it come loaded with 10? Was all of your devices working without having any syncing problems or did something change after Fitbits new release. Just trying to analyze what may have gone wrong.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Michael39, ok so what kind of device do you have? ChargeHR, blaze, ect. What type of phone are you using and what operating system does it have. And are you also using a laptop? If so what kind of laptop and what operating system are you using? What Fitbit app version do you have installed. Do you have multiple Bluetooth devices running simultaneously on your phone or laptop Did your device stop working all of a sudden or did something change . Just want to know what you have and what changed that may have caused your system to stop syncing or what you did last when using your Fitbit app.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi sorry everyone, the fit bit has died. I can syn other fitbits on the
same iPad, looks like a new one is in order
Best Answer
0 Votes