Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN , v4.00 and Download speeds

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use an iPhone SE third generation 5G with 5G service. I have noted since the upgrade to 4.00 that my download speeds have decreased. Fitbit now appears to require VPN connections and it is causing me problems. When downloading updates with large files, the download speed is very slow. Some of my applications require that I exit VPN in order for them to work. I have noticed buffering issues on zoom calls. I have tried exiting Fitbit to see if that would solve the problem but it has not. I have had to click on Settings, scroll to VPN and then turn it off in order to restore normal operation. Then when I go back into Fitbit for continuous monitoring of my activity, the VPN designation appears automatically. Has anyone else noticed this issue and if it is a known issue is Fitbit preparing a software upgrade to address the VPN  throttling down data transmission. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I told my neighbor about the problem I was having with VPN and he reviewed recent downloads and found a piece of software I had downloaded that was affecting the VPN connection. I have deleted the software and hope that that will cure the problem. It appears that it has. Thank you for those of you who voted for my post and I hope that I have not created too much confusion. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

I told my neighbor about the problem I was having with VPN and he reviewed recent downloads and found a piece of software I had downloaded that was affecting the VPN connection. I have deleted the software and hope that that will cure the problem. It appears that it has. Thank you for those of you who voted for my post and I hope that I have not created too much confusion. 

Best Answer